United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,
I will moving into the area next week and wanted to scope out any designers in the area to help shoot ideas around/playtest/etc. Completely new to Austin, so I don't know any of the spots either!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to Austin! There's an excellent tabletop scene here and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. And the breakfast tacos.

I would message

Dan Manfredini

he's an excellent designer based here in Austin and I have seen him playtest games a few times at local meetups.

There are a few other fairly recent "moving to Austin" threads in the Southwest forum so the info about stores & meetups in those should still be pretty accurate I believe as far as general "these stores are good" and "there is a game meetup here" type info.

Austin spreads pretty far in many directions so if you could give the general part of town you're moving to that would help too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Digren K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/997742/austin-texas-play-tes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Mearns
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I've been caught up with the move!

I'm around Mopac and 360.

I checked out Tribes last week at a meetup. I brought a prototype and playtested a round before trying out Dungeon Lords (bit of a mistake lol), but I don't think there were any designers there.

EDIT: Also, thanks for the fb group link

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wmearns wrote:

I checked out Tribes last week at a meetup. I brought a prototype and playtested a round before trying out Dungeon Lords (bit of a mistake lol), but I don't think there were any designers there.

You missed a good designer last Tuesday. He was my out of town company. Joseph Kisenwether. Karesansui but mainly does online games.

I'm wanting to start a group once my studio is functional. I'm near Tribe, since tats not central I'm thinking its have to be on the weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Link
United States
Snowmass Village
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Its best that dev types arrange meetings.

I'll be in Austin for some weeks in October and November. I'm an amateur...not a pro, tho. So, I'm not sure how much help I might be compared to others in Austin...

The closest FLGS to me while there is Great Hall Games on N.Lamar around Koenig (across from McDs). They have designated game days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Mearns
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam Houston wrote:
wmearns wrote:

You missed a good designer last Tuesday. He was my out of town company. Joseph Kisenwether. Karesansui but mainly does online games.

I'm wanting to start a group once my studio is functional. I'm near Tribe, since tats not central I'm thinking its have to be on the weekend.

Sorry to hear I missed that.

I think I heard about that on facebook in the group I just joined. Just hurry up with it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.