Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Adams
United States
Portage
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
So I was in Wally World last night and went to browse the games section as I do occasionally and I happen to stumble across this game. As a huge fan of the show, I already have the board game and the card game, so I was really excited to see this and of course I have to get it. However, I am holding off getting it and waiting till my next pay day. Anyways, I personally like dice games but I know a majority of people do not. I still do not see why dice games are so unpopular amongst all the game geeks either on here or those that I meet. I know that many site the problem with 'luck of the dice roll' as being an issue. But I personally don't have an issue with that.

I decided to come on BGG and find out what others rated it and what others think of the game. Since this is pretty much brand new I expected there to not be much activity on this game. So as I come to the page I notice that the BGG rating is only a 2.3/10 and that only 3 people have rated it. None of those 3 people have posted comments about it nor have they or anyone else posted a review or the rules or anything regarding the game. However, Images of the game, and videos have been posted. If anyone has actually gotten to play this game, I would like to know what you thought of the game and if it is worth buying. I am still going to buy this game because it goes with my board game and card game set. I just wonder if it will see much play (providing that I am actually able to start playing my games again).

So I checked out the video review of this game and they gave it a 5/10 but did say there is too much luck of the dice involved, little player interaction, outdated locations, very little strategy, amongst all the issues with the game pieces being of cheap quality. I still do not see how it has outdated locations since it has the farm, the store, the camp, & the prison. All of which were in the show. Afterall the game is titled 'Don't Look Back', so the game uses previous locations, not new ones. I personally think they over analyze the entire game and really try to take out any fun in the game. I posted a reply to it and gave my thoughts.

Overall I just think that people try to over analyze this game and are biased towards dice games as they automatically deem dice games as not being any good because of the 'luck of the dice roll' deal so any review is not going to be a fair and impartial review. From the video review, I take the game for what it is, a simple dice game that is based on The Walking Dead tv show. It seems like a good game for those that want a simple fun game and don't want all the mechanics of the Euro-strategy games. Plus its The Walking Dead, so that is cool right there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
$13 at miniature market...I don't expect too much.

Just ordered today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm waiting for it to clearance out at Wal-Mart. Limited characters. Limited locations. Limited choices. Limited game play. And worst of all, it's based on the TV show and not the comics (worst aspect for me anyway).

While it's not reviewing highly, I will probably pick it up on clearance because another tower defense game is an okay addition to the game closet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sco Kuc
msg tools
I bought it for $15. Played it four times so far. Not too great of quality but it's a fun "push your luck" dice game. Luck based and not too much strategy. If you buy or have zombie tokens from ZOMBIES!!! it will help the fun factor because the zombie tokens that come with the game are just numbers....
I have everything Walking Dead, in terms of board games, and this one is a fun one if you can find it under $20.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glutton Idiocy
England
flag msg tools
I would like to know this too, I have a local game store selling it for £16.50, and I'm pretty tempted, especially considering I'm going over to a friend's house next weekend, and I'd like to bring something along, preferably something relatively compact for packing purposes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Hussey
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really looking forward to it. It's going to be a fun, light dice game. You can always modify rules to increase the consequences of choices you make.

The only reason I don't have mine yet is that I had to wait for my other pre-orders (Run, Fight, or Die) from CoolStuffInc to save on shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sacha cauvin
France
rouen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this today at my local Shop while demoing Arkham horror. Of course by thé Time i was done someone had bought it...
I' m rather happy That person did since i saw the review. The map looks terrible, there seems to be very few event cards And i was hoping for some Kind of cool custom dice.

I think i ll stick to the Best Defense with the Governor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Greenwood
United States
White Bear Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Better than say Zombie Dice as there is some decision making aspects and not just dice rolling. It has competitive, coop or solitaire gameplay with 1 - 4 players. However not as complicated as say WD - Best Defense. There 4 main locations & special abilities per character, event cards are called "search cards" and there's a bunch of zombie tokens. Overall quality is not as high as higher price boardgames as the board & cards are thinner & the 10 dice are smaller than standard.
Overall a okay game. I'd give a little higher rating than they have here but WD - Best Defense appears to be the preferred game. If you can get it at a discount (I got mine at Wally World for $13.), I say go ahead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.