Scott Perger
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rincon 2014 - Columbus Day Weekend! - LINK TO ORIGINAL EMAIL > bit.ly/1tKoL2q

Greetings Gamers!
Can you believe we are just six weeks away from Rincon 2014? Make sure to head over to our website, rincongames.com, and follow the link to register your hotel rooms for October 10 - October 12, 2014! Remember to use block code SAG for your discounted room rates! And why should you register your rooms? Check out our online schedule for some of the things on tap for this Columbus Day weekend!

Game signups have begun!
It's time to to think about what games you want to play. If the Role Playing game you want to join is full on the schedule, never fear! We have reserved space in each RPG for walk-ups, so you may still be able to get into the game at the con. (Note: this is for RPGs only, not board games).

Since we have so few slots for each game, PLEASE refrain from double booking yourself!

Register your game!
All games must be registered by September 14th! If you plan on running a game and you haven't submitted it yet, then head over and fill out the form at http://rincongames.com/index.php/games/run-a-game. There's no longer a discount available for running games, but it's not too late to get your game in the schedule!

Not sure what to run?
There is a RinCon 2014 Game Requests / Teachers Wanted geeklist over at BoardGameGeek... if you would like to run a game but are unsure what to run, you could check that list out for inspiration! If there's a game you would like to learn or see run at the con, feel free to post it there!

SAGA is working diligently to make sure that Rincon 14 is the best Rincon ever. We hope that you come join us.

See you in October,
Seth and the Rincon staff
RUN A GAME AT RINCON 14
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Rincon 2014 - Columbus Day Weekend!
Thanks for the reminder! We are debating whether we are going to go for the first time.

FYI- The link to the Rincon website in the e-mail posted is wrong. (It "rincomgames.com" instead of "rincongames.com") I'm not sure if it is something that can be changed at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably not a bad idea to put the city/state of the con in the title, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timur Tabi
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sduke wrote:
Probably not a bad idea to put the city/state of the con in the title, too.

It's amazing how many convention announcements I read that don't tell me where the convention is. Why do people keep doing that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Rodrick
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Perger
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I copied and pasted out of the Tucson guild and did not think of it when I posted it here. I put it in the title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Perger
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Renwmn wrote:
Thanks for the reminder! We are debating whether we are going to go for the first time.

FYI- The link to the Rincon website in the e-mail posted is wrong. (It "rincomgames.com" instead of "rincongames.com") I'm not sure if it is something that can be changed at this point.

I let the people know that sent out the email... but I think the damage is done

It is a great convention. 3 days with 250-300 people. It keeps growing. Games all around. A few vendors. A Flea Market on Saturday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drdash wrote:
Renwmn wrote:

It is a great convention. 3 days with 250-300 people. It keeps growing. Games all around. A few vendors. A Flea Market on Saturday.

Have tickets historically been sold the day of as well? Adam and I were hoping to be able to just drop into MaricopaCon and they sold out long before hand. It is a shame because it is nice to just be able to drop into a convention to check it out especially when it is the first time going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Perger
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Renwmn wrote:
Drdash wrote:
Renwmn wrote:

Have tickets historically been sold the day of as well? Adam and I were hoping to be able to just drop into MaricopaCon and they sold out long before hand. It is a shame because it is nice to just be able to drop into a convention to check it out especially when it is the first time going.

Yes you can. Prices are here http://www.eventzilla.net/web/event?eventid=2139007220 The dates listed are the last dates you can get the tickets online.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becky Pusch
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anyone running a math trade for Rincon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Perger
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rpusch wrote:

Not sure about a Math trade, but there is a flea market that has trading of games for games or games for cash
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Get your finger out of my face!
mbmbmbmbmb
rpusch wrote:

I've run the few we've done in Tucson for the past year or so and I just mentioned to someone a few days ago that I'd be happy to do one for RinCon again. As far as dates, I'll plan to run it from about Sep 30 - Oct 4th or 5th. That should leave enough time to get all the trades ready for the con. And price everything that didn't trade for the flea market
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calavera Despierta
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Don't know if he's following this thread, but does anyone know if David will have copies of Cypher for sale at RinCon, or did they all sell out at GenCon?

Also - thanks for offering to run the MathTrade, Mike! You're a gentleman, no matter what anyone else says.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MScrivner wrote:
Don't know if he's following this thread, but does anyone know if David will have copies of Cypher for sale at RinCon, or did they all sell out at GenCon?

Thanks for the inquiry, Matt. I won't have any copies of Cypher for sell at the con, but it will be fully released by then, so I expect all the stores (Games & Gadgets, Isle of Games, etc) to have it. On the other hand, I'll be demoing the game there.

MScrivner wrote:
Also - thanks for offering to run the MathTrade, Mike! You're a gentleman, no matter what anyone else says.

And I fully agree... despite what everyone says, I think Mike's a gentlemen too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becky Pusch
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeTuna wrote:
rpusch wrote:

I've run the few we've done in Tucson for the past year or so and I just mentioned to someone a few days ago that I'd be happy to do one for RinCon again. As far as dates, I'll plan to run it from about Sep 30 - Oct 4th or 5th. That should leave enough time to get all the trades ready for the con. And price everything that didn't trade for the flea market

Sounds great. We are in. Have some great things like starfarers of catan and cosmic encounter to put in the mix. Lots of other stuff too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Get your finger out of my face!
mbmbmbmbmb
rpusch wrote:

The math trade is now live!!!

Tucson RinCon 2014 No-Ship Math Trade

Open to add items from now until Saturday evening (Oct 4th), then Want Lists must be submitted by Monday evening (Oct 6th). Go go go!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean T
United States
Tucson
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know how much crossover there is between RinCon attendees and soccer, however, The US mens national team plays on Friday afternoon at 4pm. It will be Landon Donovan's final game with the USMNT before he retires at the end of the year. I'm planning to head over to the hotel bar to watch the match and play some small "bar games" or games that are light and easy to play on a small table. Some examples I'll bring are Martian Dice, Loco and Take 5.

So if you're into US soccer, or just want to try some cool, small games, come by the hotel bar from 4 to 6 PM (assuming they have ESPN) and bring your favorite small game. I'll be in the red USA jersey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Daigle
United States
Avondale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeanT wrote:
I don't know how much crossover there is between RinCon attendees and soccer, however, The US mens national team plays on Friday afternoon at 4pm. It will be Landon Donovan's final game with the USMNT before he retires at the end of the year. I'm planning to head over to the hotel bar to watch the match and play some small "bar games" or games that are light and easy to play on a small table. Some examples I'll bring are Martian Dice, Loco and Take 5.

So if you're into US soccer, or just want to try some cool, small games, come by the hotel bar from 4 to 6 PM (assuming they have ESPN) and bring your favorite small game. I'll be in the red USA jersey.

There's only one Football I care about and it's American Football that's played on Sunday's with pigskin and men who hit each other and don't whine about it. Go Seahawks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Perger
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hagaf22 wrote:
SeanT wrote:

There's only one Football I care about and it's American Football that's played on Sunday's with pigskin and men who hit each other and don't whine about it. Go Seahawks!

Sounds like slow hockey Season starts tonight! Go Coyotes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calavera Despierta
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hagaf22 wrote:
SeanT wrote:

This game sounds an awful lot like this manlier game I enjoy watching. It's sort of like your pigskin game, only when the men hit each other they aren't wearing padding and helmets. They are only allowed to throw the ball backwards (weird, right!?), and unlike American Football, the game doesn't stop every fifteen seconds to show me another beer or car commercial, because the ball remains in play, even when it's on the ground! Can you believe this!? The ball remains in play! LESS COMMERCIALS! (And psst, none of the players are hitting their wives and kids either, which is an added bonus!.) Plus they often do a scary dance beforehand. More athletes should do scary dances.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Daigle
United States
Avondale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drdash wrote:
Hagaf22 wrote:
SeanT wrote:

Sounds like slow hockey Season starts tonight! Go Coyotes!

For you Scott- GO YOTES!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.