United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Pixel Tactics 1 is the easiest to approach by people who haven't played it before. If you have a devoted group, any of them will work well. I like all of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis DeSade
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frankly, Lvl99 still seems to be inventing/refining/balancing this game as they go. I'd start with the newest one (3), which I'd expect to be a more balanced product straight out of the box. I can't confirm this personally though, as I integrated the new cards with the old as soon as it came out.

-D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolono wrote:
Frankly, Lvl99 still seems to be inventing/refining/balancing this game as they go. I'd start with the newest one (3), which I'd expect to be a more balanced product straight out of the box. I can't confirm this personally though, as I integrated the new cards with the old as soon as it came out.

-D

The problem is that PT-3 is much more focused on support. PT-1 is better for begginers, because it is ore straightforward and has easier to pla and understand abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While there is less perfect balance in PT1, the decks are exactly the same, so they end up being relatively balanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Kester
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with PT1. Out of all the games, I think it works the best as a standalone game. It has a nice spread ok attackers/tanks/healers/supports, whereas 2 and 3 tend to have weirder abilities and less characters with a super obvious role.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
I would second that 1 is the easiest to get into, but we are also working on a new intro set, hopefully coming to fruition in the next few months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Kyokai wrote:
I would second that 1 is the easiest to get into, but we are also working on a new intro set, hopefully coming to fruition in the next few months.

By an intro set, is that another completely new set of cards or a mixture of the current 3 or could you explain?

Trying to decide if I should try and find a 1 (lots of place out of stock it seems) or wait for this intro set. Would actually love just to get a 3 in 1 version
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:

One that would be good for demos?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Kengi wrote:
Kyokai wrote:

One that would be good for demos?

We're talking about doing the project in March of 2015, so it's probably best to grab PT 1 now instead of waiting.

As for the intro set, it will be new content (at least those are our current plans).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johann Stralau
msg tools
Hi,

this might be a little off topic, so I apologise in advance.

I come from Germany and to get hands on PT is almost impossible over here. Is there an easy way to purchase PT1 directly form LVL99?

Best Wishes,
Johann

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
We are actually planning to run the PT Deluxe Kickstarter pretty soon, so it's a good way to snag a lot of it at once. Look out for it in the next week or two, and sign up for our mailing list to make sure you get the notice on day 1:

http://lvl99games.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=04f7e7faf4...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Frogman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krokobold wrote:
Hi,

this might be a little off topic, so I apologise in advance.

I come from Germany and to get hands on PT is almost impossible over here. Is there an easy way to purchase PT1 directly form LVL99?

Best Wishes,
Johann

For this game, print and play works pretty well honestly. But if the Deluxe version has a good shipping rate, wait for that. I personally like the cards from PT2 the most. Haven't played as much as I play mostly with my GF and she gets super pissed in these head to head games lol (that's why I can't wait for Argent and MB).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Bowers
United States
Strongsville
Ohio
flag msg tools
Richard Harrow RIP
badge
Richard Harrow RIP
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally wouldn't recommend getting just 1 version of this game, it leaves you wanting much more with only 25 cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.