Hide
14 Posts

Paperback» Forums » General

Subject: German version? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans Maulwurff
msg tools
Any word on whether a german version is planned/in development?

I'm sure this is quite a bit more elaborate to adapt for other languages than other games, all the word scores would have to be changed appropriately etc., but I'm sure it would be worthwhile for the german marketplace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
OGDEN
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
It's in the works - it will be available soon as a print and play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fubeca wrote:
It's in the works - it will be available soon as a print and play.

Will get feedback from my last proofreader this weekend and will send Tim the files this coming week
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Maulwurff
msg tools
Amazing, thanks guys, made my day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
OGDEN
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
German Print and Play files are up for sale on the site. Let me know if you have any problems or questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty interested in this Germany P&P version. Does anyone have experiences with copyshops in Germany, Staples for instance? Or does one have any other hint how to get/make a nice copy of this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Maulwurff
msg tools
Played the german print & play version a couple of times now, and it's great. Thanks Tim and Lines!

Quote:
Or does one have any other hint how to get/make a nice copy of this game?

I've made mine using meinspiel.de

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hans, thanks a lot.
Great you like it!

Does Meinspiel support the American card size? Didn't know that.
Meinspiel has awesome card quality, but for a game with so many cards this will get quite expensive.

I received my copy of Paperback German from Printerstudio yesterday. Good quality, too, and quite affordable (under 20,- € incl. shipping).

Since the German version is not for free, I have to talk to Tim how we can handle this.
If someone buys the PnP over Tim's website and wants to invest the extra money for professional printed cards, I'd be okay to place an order for them at Printerstudio.

Tim, I wanted to contact you about that anyway, so maybe you want to place an answer here, or PM me.

Note:
Please do not ask me to order you the cards without buying the PnP version from Tim's website. I can't and won't do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Maulwurff
msg tools
Yeah, they support the card size used in Paperback, simply called "Breit-Format".

I didn't know about Printerstudio, even though I looked around for a cheaper option that meinspiel.de. Well, too bad, it was worth it for me and the card quality is indeed very good.

So for anyone reading this interested in the german implementation: it works, it's fun, get it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the PnP in a fileformat that you can directly use for Printerstudio? Or do you have to upload them there more "manually"? Also how many cards is it that need to be printed?

And is it planned to have some german copys produced in the future(maybe for Essen?) or will the german version continue to only be sold in the PnP format?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Niemann
Germany
Hagen a.T.W.
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
www.spielträumer.de
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, what? German version?

Great … I kickstarted this (still haven't received it yet though) and now there's a german version. angry

Can you tell me about the card distribution and point values (and possibly other stuff) that differ from the english version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ovis wrote:
Is the PnP in a fileformat that you can directly use for Printerstudio?

No, the PnP is a PDF. Although it´s pretty good quality I cannot recommend to try and upload it. Mainly because you need a "bleed" around the Cards, which is obviously not included on the PDF.

ovis wrote:
Also how many cards is it that need to be printed?

If I remember it right: 206 Cards.

ovis wrote:
And is it planned to have some german copys produced in the future(maybe for Essen?) or will the german version continue to only be sold in the PnP format?

Tim is not planning to produce german copies. If there´s someone (no publisher but a private person) who wants to handle distribution in Germany, he might have some copies printed. But I leave it up to him to explain that in detail.

Daniel666 wrote:
Great … I kickstarted this and now there's a german version. angry

It´s still only PnP. And it was finished only weeks ago or so.

Daniel666 wrote:
Can you tell me about the card distribution and point values (and possibly other stuff) that differ from the english version?

The German version is fully adapted to the German alphabet and letter Distribution. This includes different Two-letter combinations and of course our 3 Umlaute. So the Cards in each stack will have a different letters than the original based on German letter distribution. Even the starting hand and the Common cards have slight changes.

That said, all other stuff like points, card abilities, gameplay, etc. all stayed the same (with German texts of course).

Hope that answers your questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lines42 wrote:
Hope that answers your questions.

Thanks a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon Carroll
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, not sure the best place to ask this, but I have no idea how this works since I've never purchased a print and play game before but I am very interested in this. Do you just print these at home, can you print as many copies as you want, can you resize/recolor images? Or is there someplace you can take the file to and they print them out and cut them for you, does that work very well for shuffling, is it costly? My daughter is working at a German immersion school so I'd love to get this for her, but not sure if I'd really be able to figure it all out...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.