Subject: Rules questions re: images rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doctor Tom
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I own two games that are not in the database. I've checked the pending, and they aren't there, so I'm good to make the entry myself.

My question is, when I come to upload images of the games, will I need to take them myself? Or can I copy them from the company's website? There are no watermarks, and should just need some resizing to be accepted.

It's probably been answered somewhere, but I've searched high and low and found nothing.

2. I also want to write a review for Carcassonne Big Box 4. Being a popular game, there are already images in the database.
Can I use them, or must I upload my own?

The only reference I could find was:
"By submitting an image to BoardGameGeek, you are granting permission for it to be shown on the site, but you retain all other rights; if someone wants to use your picture elsewhere, they must obtain your permission."

So I think I can, but I just want to be sure that "shown on the site" equals "can be used in a review", or whether I need to obtain permission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
You may only upload pictures that you have taken yourself or for which you have obtained explicit permission to upload from the rights holder. Include a notice that permission was received and from whom in the caption when uploading images that are not your own.

from http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Image_Guidelines

2. You can use existing images on BGG in your review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Tom
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.