11 Posts

Mage Wars Arena» Forums » Rules

Subject: Revealing enchantments during first quick cast phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drex el
Sweden
flag msg tools
Hey, is it possible to reveal an enchantment in the quick cast phase in response to an incantation spell?. Here is the scenario we had:

My mage has the enchantment "Poisoned Blood" (This creature gains the finite life trait) which is hidden. In the first quick cast phase I cast "Heal" (Heal target creature the amount rolled on 8 attack dice). Can my opponent respond with revealing the "Poisoned Blood" enchantment, thus preventing my heal?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Matthew 10: 29-31
mbmbmbmbmb
No... They can't interrupt you in mid action. Has to be before or after.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rayzor6 wrote:
No... They can't interrupt you in mid action. Has to be before or after.

You are wrong.

He totally can reveal after any of spell casting steps. So he could reveal after Casting step or Counter step (could also after Resolve step, but would be pointless).

So yes, he could prevent the healing by revealing Poisoned Blood.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can reveal an enchantment between any steps of any action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Matthew 10: 29-31
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh! Sorry about that! That makes sense why one would not reveal an enchantment then!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also learned in my last game that you can reveal enchantment even in the housekeeeping phase of the game.

For example, between channeling and upkeep. This was surprising to me - can make a big difference!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
I also learned in my last game that you can reveal enchantment even in the housekeeeping phase of the game.

For example, between channeling and upkeep. This was surprising to me - can make a big difference!

Yes, you can do it after any step in any phase, and those are clearly spelled out as steps.

You can channel to get mana, and then use it to reveal an enchantment that the opponent now has to pay upkeep on for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Baroncini
msg tools
So, just for clarification, if my opponent has an hidden enchantment and I play a Seeking dispel, he can pay is reveal cost (if possibile) and "save" it from my dispel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cecio83 wrote:
So, just for clarification, if my opponent has an hidden enchantment and I play a Seeking dispel, he can pay is reveal cost (if possibile) and "save" it from my dispel?

No. That is not allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
cecio83 wrote:

No. That is not allowed.

To clarify the reason for the 'no' a bit - this is what's known as the golden rule of card games: if card text contradicts the rules, the card text takes precedence. And seeking dispel explicitly forbids revealing the target enchantment once seeking dispel has been cast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Baroncini
msg tools
Ok thx, didn't pay attention to the card text

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.