Subject: Challenge questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Van Hovannisian
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
1)It specifies that once challenged, the knight gets double the points for the remainder of the round. Does that mean until he chooses to stop or die? Or does it mean if he was hunting a blue/green/red dragon and got challenged after stopping at the blue dragon, he would get double the points for only the green and potential red dragon?

2) Are you allowed to challenge more than once in a game? Assuming many people skip out on challenging.

3) Just a side note, what are everyone's thoughts on having the challengers lose 5 points (maybe on the second round) if the current dragon slayer succeeds the challenge? That way some people may be inclined on skipping their "challenge" opportunity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J. Mortimer
United Kingdom
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) There are a few threads covering this point but to clarify. If you are defeated whilst performing a challenge you score 0 points that round. You score double the value of every dragon slain after being challenged so long as you choose to stop after slaying at least 1 more dragon. Nobody else can challenge you again that turn.

2) You only get one chance per game to use your challenge token so use it wisely!

3) Allowing people to keep challenging would devalue the decision on when to time using your token so if you played a variant where you kept your tokens then apply a penalty to the challenger when a challenge is successfully completed would make sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Hovannisian
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
David, once again you are lifesaver on the forums! Thank you. So if you can only challenge once a game (and from what I read it begins in reverse order), what would happen if Player 1 was to the left of me, but I did not want to challenge this round? Assuming everyone else challenged someone, I would need to wait 4 to 5 rounds correct? (Since I passed my oppurtunity?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J. Mortimer
United Kingdom
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OlafsMeadHorn9 wrote:
David, once again you are lifesaver on the forums! Thank you. So if you can only challenge once a game (and from what I read it begins in reverse order), what would happen if Player 1 was to the left of me, but I did not want to challenge this round? Assuming everyone else challenged someone, I would need to wait 4 to 5 rounds correct? (Since I passed my oppurtunity?)

No Problem

The opportunity to use a challenge is indeed in reverse player order. However if everyone has already used their one & only challenge token then you have the opportunity to challenge anyone up until the point you have used it.

Remember if the player to the right of the active Slayer passes on challenging then the opportunity continues around the table to the right until someone challenges or all players have passed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.