Subject: Sidewalk adjacency rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that the sidewalk can score based on the tiles it's adjacent to. Is a sidewalk considered adjacent to a tile if only one end of it touches the tile, or do both ends of the sidewalk have to touch the tile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would seem very odd to me to consider a sidewalk adjacent, if it weren't actually adjacent to the tile. I'd think that would require explicit rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
msaari wrote:
It would seem very odd to me to consider a sidewalk adjacent, if it weren't actually adjacent to the tile. I'd think that would require explicit rule.

The question is, does the entire sidewalk need to be adjacent (both ends), or only a portion of it (one end). A portion of a thing A next to thing B makes A and B technically adjacent, and in many games, that is considered adjacent - Dark Horse, for example...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder Ultimate Werewolf Legacy now from beziergames.com
badge
Ultimate Werewolf Legacy
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
The rules say that the sidewalk can score based on the tiles it's adjacent to. Is a sidewalk considered adjacent to a tile if only one end of it touches the tile, or do both ends of the sidewalk have to touch the tile?

The long edge of the sidewalk (both ends) needs to be adjacent to the tile in order to qualify for game adjacency. If only one end is touching a tile, it doesn't count as game adjacency.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfecto, thanks Ted! Truly awesome game, everything I'd hoped for! Will be filming it soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
From the example on page 3 of the rulebook that starts with "In this example, an Industrial Zone tile is placed adjacent to a Commercial Zone tile", you can assume that both ends have to touch the tile to be adjacent. Otherwise, the drawing of the left would have had more possible spots to place the sidewalk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's impossible for two tiles to be touching only by the tip on a hex board, so hex adjacency ≠ sidewalk adjacency.

Yeah, I thought the answer to the definition of sidewalk adjacency might have been hidden in those very tiny example images, but they were just waaaaay to hard to read (sooo small), so it was easier just to ask here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maeddes maeddison
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
badge
Der Mensch wird am Du zum Ich. Buber
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to see your final thoughts on subdivision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.