Zombicide» Forums » Variants

Subject: Skill: Duck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Watterson
England
flag msg tools
mb
Just wondering if anyone has played with this idea, or in fact the new Survivor skills include a Ducking one.... whereby:

A player with the Ducking skill can issue a Duck command which causes all Survivors in a particular zone to (in effect) Duck and thus when the player uses a ranged weapon into this zone the Survivors are not in the targeting priority order (cos they've ducked ).

Ducked people remain ducked until it is their turn and which point they need to use their first action to stand up again, unless they want to remain ducked until their next turn.

nb: a survivor remains ducked until they unduck themselves which means other survivors could use range weapons into the zone without hitting their comrades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i would say you could just inlcude that option as an action, so for 1 action a survivor can duck/get up. no need to specify it as a skill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that it would be a really effective team action. Survivors in one zone gain low profile, and survivors in adjacent zones get one free ranged attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quackity-quack-quack-quack!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
It's like low profile but for everyone. (I was going to say something else but Scott beat me to it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Watterson
England
flag msg tools
mb
Stephanie Baynes wrote:
It's like low profile but for everyone. (I was going to say something else but Scott beat me to it.)
Doh! Goes off to reread the various rule books. blush though I do like the idea of Duck as a type of action open to anyone. (though I guess a ducked person would first in line to be munched when rats attack yuk)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.