Dark Darker Darkest» Forums » General

Subject: Refund Success! Lets see about the missing items? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Son Do
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
After numerous emails to Queen CEO, I have finally recieved a PM from Kieth which I have copied below and my reply to it. Hope whichever method you use to communicate your frustration with Queen bears fruit. I have checked my paypal account and I have confirmed my $50 dollar refund today, but am still pessimistic about wave 2 and my missing items:

"Hi Son Do,

We have been told by the manufacturer that the plastics shipment should be arriving into our warehouse this coming week. Once it has arrived, I will send out an update confirming that. Work is underway now assembling the lists to get the games and pieces out as quickly as possible and we are expecting that process to take two weeks. That is an estimate, but it is a very high priority to get this material out ASAP.

I just issued your refund for the backers special.

I am sorry for the length of time this has taken. I recognize it has been a frustrating wait.

Keith"

and my reply....

"Kieth

You're right, this whole KS project has been an extremely exhausting and bitterly frustrating experience for me. I have an unplayable game at home which I have payed alot of money for to get the 'completionist set'. I just want to get the rest of my items under the KS terms and conditions so I can finally get a chance to play this game.

Now that I have your attention and communication, can I PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ask you to see to my missing items PERSONALLY so that this matter is resolved afterwhich I promise you I will never set foot on Queen Game's doorstep again and we BOTH can wash our hands of this DDD debacle.

Yours frustratingly
Son Do"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sell
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Question.

Are you saying that Dark Darker Darkest is completely unplayable? I'll have to let a buddy of mine know that what ever he is doing it is not playing DDD.

It reads to me like you didn't even try to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most games are completely unplayable if they are missing necessary components. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sell
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
joshaubry wrote:
Most games are completely unplayable if they are missing necessary components. whistle
Please inform me as to what components are missing making this completely unplayable? I really am not sure how he is able to play the game and he has the KS edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
modern life
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He's got components missing from his copy of the game making it unplayable for him. He's not saying the game is unplayable
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Son Do
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
oddtime wrote:
joshaubry wrote:
Please inform me as to what components are missing making this completely unplayable? I really am not sure how he is able to play the game and he has the KS edition.

Im sensing you're after a debate/arguement which you won't be getting from me but I will entertain your query about what I am missing:

All the ITEM CARDS
LIGHT IN THE DARK EXPANSION
15 VIRUS CARDS/TOKENS
4 CAMERA TOKENS
GLOW IN THE DARK DICE
RADIOACTIVE RED EXPANSION 1
RADIOACTIVE RED CHUNK ZOMBIES
RADIOACTIVE RED TUFF ZOMBIES
BAKERS SPECIAL 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oddtime wrote:
joshaubry wrote:

If you had been following the BGG forums here, or the DDD KS Comments section over the last several months, you'd know exactly what components that were missing from his copy of the game, and the epic and (initially) courteous attempts he made to communicate with Queen Games about the problem, and QG's increasingly blatant failure to communicate with him. Your sarcastic comments (and let's just call them what they are) are only rubbing salt in a wound of Queen Games' creation. Not sure what you hope to achieve being rude like that.

I'm personally glad that Son Do finally received a partial refund, and I really hope he gets all the missing components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sell
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GreenLaborMike wrote:
oddtime wrote:
joshaubry wrote:

If you had been following the BGG forums here, or the DDD KS Comments section over the last several months, you'd know exactly what components that were missing from his copy of the game, and the epic and (initially) courteous attempts he made to communicate with Queen Games about the problem, and QG's increasingly blatant failure to communicate with him. Your sarcastic comments (and let's just call them what they are) are only rubbing salt in a wound of Queen Games' creation. Not sure what you hope to achieve being rude like that.

I'm personally glad that Son Do finally received a partial refund, and I really hope he gets all the missing components.
You think thats rude? I apologize for offending you. I have never played the game, but I have seen him playing multiple games with many people enjoying themselves. My point is it hardly seemed unplayable. I'm sorry if I'm not current on missing item. As you can see in my original post , the one where I ask what makes the game unplayable, I was merely seeking knowledge from the informed. I will retire back to the unwashed masses now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sell
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Gaslight wrote:
oddtime wrote:
joshaubry wrote:

Im sensing you're after a debate/arguement which you won't be getting from me but I will entertain your query about what I am missing:

All the ITEM CARDS
LIGHT IN THE DARK EXPANSION
15 VIRUS CARDS/TOKENS
4 CAMERA TOKENS
GLOW IN THE DARK DICE
RADIOACTIVE RED EXPANSION 1
RADIOACTIVE RED CHUNK ZOMBIES
RADIOACTIVE RED TUFF ZOMBIES
BAKERS SPECIAL 2

Looking for an argument? No, having a little fun? Guilty. I really am attempting to find out how he got his to work if a game was published as unplayable. Nothing more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stripling
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oddtime wrote:
GreenLaborMike wrote:
oddtime wrote:
joshaubry wrote:
Most games are completely unplayable if they are missing necessary components. :whistle:

You think thats rude? I apologize for offending you. I have never played the game, but I have seen him playing multiple games with many people enjoying themselves. My point is it hardly seemed unplayable. I'm sorry if I'm not current on missing item. As you can see in my original post , the one where I ask what makes the game unplayable, I was merely seeking knowledge from the informed. I will retire back to the unwashed masses now.
Looks like a simple misunderstanding. Tempers might flare a little more quickly about this since it's been a long, frustrating experience for many trying to get items that were promised, especially for Son Do who is missing an absurd amount of stuff. So know that if some seem defensive, there was a painful preamble to this discussion.
-ryanjamal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Son Do
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
I've forgotten about it already, besides Im not an argumentative person.

Hey Ryan, wish you were here across the pond. That way I could join in on one of your DDD games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stripling
United States
Lowell
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Likewise! I hope you get your components soon so I can read your first session report!
-ryanjamal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.