Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Imperial» Forums » General

Subject: Is there something similar to this but more of a straight up war game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep coming back to this page because I'm intrigued by the wooden bits and map, and the idea of Euro mechanics and aesthetic applied to a world conflict theme.

Unfortnately, I have very little interest in the whole international investor, war profiteer thing.

Suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Antike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Diplomacy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EXTRA AVOCADO! Sonderegger
United States
Folsom
CA
flag msg tools
designer
Shall I compare thee to a chevrolet?
badge
...the headlamps of your eyes will make them dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonwocky wrote:

If you want 2p, I would highly advise checking out Antike Duellum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hanibalicious wrote:
jasonwocky wrote:

If you want 2p, I would highly advise checking out Antike Duellum.

That's one of those games that makes me wish I fit more 2p gaming into my schedule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bleicher
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
MG
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Noahboa wrote:

Unfortnately, I have very little interest in the whole international investor, war profiteer thing.
Suggestions?

I'd strongly suggest you that you try it anyway if you have the chance. Before I played this game, I had exactly the same feeling - that all this "economy/investing" thing would be boring. I actually wanted to buy Antike, but since I was struggling to find a copy, I decided to give Imperial a try, even though I was very skeptical about it. And now I rate it a 10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lbleicher wrote:
Noahboa wrote:

Suggestions?

I'd strongly suggest you that you try it anyway if you have the chance. Before I played this game, I had exactly the same feeling - that all this "economy/investing" thing would be boring. I actually wanted to buy Antike, but since I was struggling to find a copy, I decided to give Imperial a try, even though I was very skeptical about it. And now I rate it a 10.

You make a compelling point. I should try it.

Diplomacy is out, on account of long play time and requiring too many players. Definitely interested in Antike and Antike Duellum, just wish there was something in this vein in a 18th, 19th, or early 20th century setting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
That new game thing . . . it's probably on the hotness let me check, oh I remember.

Quartermaster General

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.