UR» Forums » Rules

Subject: About Civilization tile exchange rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
According to the author, who responded to a question in another thread, in the SETUP and WAR ACTION you only have to consider the color of the upper face of the tile.

At end of turn, where the tile is exchanged for another from the board game, the colors of the tiles must be different. My question is: also considering ONLY the color of the upper face of the tile?

The Italian rules only says that the tiles must be different, and the English rules says: "the active player must exchange the Civilization tile he holds in his hand, by choosing a free tile from the board with a different pair of illustrations from the old one"

What is correct answer?

An example:

I have in my hand a tile with RED color in the upper face of the tile and BLUE at the bottom, could change it to?:

A. One whose color in the upper face of the tile is different from the RED color.

B. One whose colors are different from RED AND BLUE.

C. One in which one of the two colors is other than RED OR BLUE.

What is correct answer?

Thank you very much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Only one side of the tile must be different. So you can exchange for a tile of which both front and back are different; or just the front or the back. Another way of putting it is that you may not pick a tile whose front and back are identical to those of the tile you're placing back in the play area. So in your example the answer would be 'C'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you very much for your answer. Now I have clear.

I was confused with what they said the rules in English and Italian and what the author said to consider in the tiles in the SETUP and the WAR ACTION: only the color of the upper side of the tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
The setup is different, because then only the large image on a tile counts: no two same images may be next to each other. That they then share a similar small image is of no concern. However, this rule is relaxed when playing the game: you may then have multiple tiles with the same large image adjacent to each other. But when exchanging tiles throughout the game, there may not be an exchange for a fully identical, i.e. back and front the same, tile.

As for War: attacking from a Red tile, i.e. one where the larger image is red, gives you a bonus; nothing more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.