Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Yacullo
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked this up at GenCon and just completed my first solo playthrough. As I sorted the components beforehand, I was thrown off by the coloration of the various action cards and sorted them by color (all the reds together, all the greens, etc). Then I thought "Hmm, green has no basic cards, red has no super power" and so on.

I figured out the sorting once I read through the rules, but I still don't understand why the non-power-specific cards are all different colors (green super powers, red charges etc). I can't find anything in the rules about it. Have I missed something? Couldn't all the cards everyone gets be grey or something?

Anyhow, great game, looking forward to playing again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yacullo wrote:
Picked this up at GenCon and just completed my first solo playthrough. As I sorted the components beforehand, I was thrown off by the coloration of the various action cards and sorted them by color (all the reds together, all the greens, etc). Then I thought "Hmm, green has no basic cards, red has no super power" and so on.

I figured out the sorting once I read through the rules, but I still don't understand why the non-power-specific cards are all different colors (green super powers, red charges etc). I can't find anything in the rules about it. Have I missed something? Couldn't all the cards everyone gets be grey or something?

Anyhow, great game, looking forward to playing again!

Hi,

If you look at the special and epic actions, you will note that they are the color of the hero type: Mutant Power is green for example. Superpower is also a Power action. Charge is red, and it correlates to Vigilantes who move (and can also use this card better than others as they can play Press to KO a henchman while the other types can only deal 4 DMG).

The upcoming Supernatural faction will have purple as their color.

It is a color association to hero types and mechanics, but with no strict adherence. We used to use it much more in earlier versions of the game. It also helps other players when scanning what has been played a little more than if all the cards were one color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Yacullo
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it. Thanks for the quick response!

Really digging the game so far. Would have played earlier but I was sorting my Legendary cards for 2 weeks haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.