Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Fulmer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So angel has what looks like a keyword: Heroic
It gives him the ability to pair up with another character.
Have we seen any other Heroic characters or other keywords from this set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Chalos13 wrote:
So angel has what looks like a keyword: Heroic
It gives him the ability to pair up with another character.
Have we seen any other Heroic characters or other keywords from this set?

Short answer, yes, we've seen other heroes (e.g. Marvel Girl). There will certainly be others (but I'd guess--arbitrarily--around 10 of the 36 at most).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Fulmer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a photo of marvel girl on the site? I'll have to look again didn't see her

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper Birch
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I think that all characters with the subtitle "Superhero" will have the "Heroic" ability, since this set contains characters with the same subtitle where none in the first set did. All "Superhero" cards in this set are:

-Angel
-Captain America
-Iron Man
-Marvel Girl
-Red Hulk
-She-Hulk
-Spider-Man
-Storm

So that would mean 8 "Heroic" characters. Again, this is based on a feeling, I have no proof for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Fulmer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been hesitant to say anything because I don't want to seem like I'm complaining about something I haven't had the opportunity to play, but I'm wondering about the decision to repeat so many characters. on that list alone there are only three new characters. They're good characters, but without seeing them my gut reaction is "why didn't you make new people?"
I'm sure others feel this way, I'm just hoping when I get my boosters and I open that Iron Man I think "this card is great, totally worth doing a new IM" rather than "I'm sticking with my old Iron Man that I like so much."
I mean if they were going to repeat some they should go far out with it, Mohawk Storm, Symbiote Suit Spider-Man, stealth suit Iron Man, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper Birch
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chalos13 wrote:
I've been hesitant to say anything because I don't want to seem like I'm complaining about something I haven't had the opportunity to play, but I'm wondering about the decision to repeat so many characters. on that list alone there are only three new characters. They're good characters, but without seeing them my gut reaction is "why didn't you make new people?"
I'm sure others feel this way, I'm just hoping when I get my boosters and I open that Iron Man I think "this card is great, totally worth doing a new IM" rather than "I'm sticking with my old Iron Man that I like so much."
I mean if they were going to repeat some they should go far out with it, Mohawk Storm, Symbiote Suit Spider-Man, stealth suit Iron Man, etc.

Although I agree with you that I would like to see as many different characters as possible, I think it makes sense that some characters return from set to set, because all characters from the first set do something similar with the 3/4 different cards that exist of that character, so now you might find a totally different skill on a character from the first set that you might like more than the previous one, also the rarity of returning characters might give them some new great cards. Iron Man and Spider-Man for example were just starters + 1 uncommon in the first set and now both get a super rare version, probably giving two of the most popular Marvel characters some awesome ability. It happens with every CCG though, there will always be some returning characters in the new sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Fulmer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What your saying makes perfect sense, it's just with the rich history of marvel, the recent success of Guardians and Agents of Shield, they could have thrown some more variance our way. I play heroclix, and it gets tiresome sometimes when there is a new Spider-man in every set, but the new one isn't terribly unique, or special, or something we haven't seen before.
I guess what I really want is new characters and dice that have interesting effects, that can change the way the game is played. If those cards happen to be Iron Man and Spider-man, I'm ok with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping Angel would be more Arch Angel especially with Apocalypse in the set. Red and white uniform isn't a look I know him in anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.