Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Lenkic
Australia
Moorabbin
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Forgive my stupidity, but I'm trying to get my head around a couple of things.

The ship determines the Faction, so if I put a Klingon Captain on a Federation Ship, I pay +1 SP for the Klingon Captain, right?

Can I then put a Federation Elite Talent Upgrade on the Klingon Captain?

If so, does this cost the Elte Talent Upgrade's normal SP? Or if instead I put a Klingon Elite Talent Upgrade on the Klingon Captain on the Federation Starship, do I pay +1 SP on that Elite Talent Upgrade?

Are Independents classified as a Faction? Do those cards attract Faction Penalties?

If so, if I put an Independents Elite Talent Upgrade on a Federation Captain on a Federation Starship, such as "Diversionary Tactics" on Jean-Luc Picard on the Enterprise, do I pay +1 SP?

And if Independents are a Faction that attracts Faction Penalties, if Lore or Khan Singh captains a Federation ship, do I pay +1 SP for them?

Sorry if this is long-winded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Humphreys
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
Everything is based on the ship.

Captain off faction (from the ship)? +1 SP
Elite Talent off faction (from the ship)? +1 SP

So a Federation Captain on a Klingon Ship is +1 SP (because he's not a Klingon Captain) and if he has a Federation Elite Talent it's +1 SP (because it's not a Klingon Elite Talent)

Independent is it's own faction. However, you can add an Independent Flagship, which turns your ship into dual faction Original Faction / Independent. So you wouldn't have penalties on Original Faction or Independent upgrades.

If you put a Independent Elite Talent on a Federation Captain on a Federation Starship, it is off faction from the Federation Starship, so you'd pay +1 SP.

If you put a Independent Captain on a non-Independent Starship, you'd pay +1 SP unless it says otherwise.

Hope this clears things up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shrouded In Mystery
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT: beat me to it, arg!

Yes to everything.

Faction penalties are always tied to the ship, even for elite talents.

Independent is also a faction, but there are two ways to get around faction penalties:
1 - You can make your ship dual faction via an independent flagship.
2 - You can make any captain independent via the independent fleet captain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lenkic
Australia
Moorabbin
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Are Independent Flagship and Independent Fleet Captain Upgrade cards?

EDIT: I just noticed that they are Resource Cards.

So in the scenario of Khan captaining the Reliant, Khan will cost 6 SP (5 + 1), but because of his Spcial Ability, he can have any faction upgrades at no additional SP cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Humphreys
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
Dark_Lord_13 wrote:
So in the scenario of Khan captaining the Reliant, Khan will cost 6 SP (5 + 1), but because of his Spcial Ability, he can have any faction upgrades at no additional SP cost.

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lenkic
Australia
Moorabbin
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks, guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoff Bergenholm
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark_Lord_13 wrote:
Are Independent Flagship and Independent Fleet Captain Upgrade cards?

EDIT: I just noticed that they are Resource Cards.

If, however, there's an Independant flagship on the Reliant, Khan will only cost his base 5SP. Independant flagships grant dual-faction to the ship they're applied to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.