Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a terrible, terrible way to do it, it's something I haven't seen in years (that I can recall). All my tokens have hairy white corners and the Monster tokens are beginning to show signs of wear after 4 games. I may have to invest in a corner clipper!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Explainit Derek
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nail clippers work...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, good suggestion, they would remove the 'fuzz', but I'm thinking corner clipper because despite being careful, many tokens have de-laminated at the corners, so clipping the corners is a fix. Though nail clippers and some PVA glue might work. I shouldn't have to do this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an old thread, but to be honest it's also one of my biggest grievances with the game. I guess maybe corner-attached cutting dies are cheaper because you don't have to have so many bends in the blades so it takes less labour to make them?

Either way, please don't do it again... it takes long enough to punch out all the tiny card counters for a game like this without having to go around afterwards clipping all the corners to avoid your game destroying itself slowly over time. Shuffling all the alien counters in the draw bag is going to tear those counters apart pretty quickly compared to normal use for most board games!

(By way of recommendation to anyone who has the same problem and/or does a lot of PnP, Oregon Lamination corner rounders are the best trade-off between affordability and quality that I've seen: 2mm/3mm)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.