Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is another game I have been itching to play. I had asked Ward Batty to bring it with him so I could learn it. Unfortunately, we chose a VERY late hour to play and by this time, I was no where near as alert that I needed to be. The rules explanation failed to take root in my soft-as-mush brain, so I really played the game in a fog, absolutely oblivious to any form of cohesive strategy. As such, I found the game to be extremely confusing and could never visualize proper moves or options. I never understood the mechanics of joining territories and the scoring remained a mystery to me throughout. No surprise that I performed abysmally. To be fair, however, I really can't render an opinion of the game as I didn't give it a real chance to shine. I vow to play it again soon ... but not at 1AM! I'll try to reserve that late hour for either lighter games or sleep.

John Moore, Jim Cobb, Ward Batty and Sheldon Smith were my erstwhile opponents, and all of them seemed to grasp the strategy and mechanics, performing well. John was confused early, but it 'gelled' during the game and he made a torrid comeback that fell just two point short of winning. That honor went to Jim.

Finals: Jim 94, John 92, Sheldon 86, Ward 84, Greg 71

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.