Subject: What to buy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Taylor Kowbel
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,

I am looking into getting into this game in a pretty big way, and just wondering if people who have it have any recommendations for what I'm getting

I plan on getting:
1 Starter Set (was going to get 2, but then I heard there were relics with the khan's pyre things)
1 Gudanna Khan's pyre expansion
1 Durani Khan's pyre expansion
2 Urugal Khan's pyre expansion
2 Zikia Khan's pyre expansion
1 Map tile set 1

So this way I figure I get 2 of every mini and at least one of every set so I can get the included relics etc. Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron M.
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So a couple things to keep your eyes open for...

Next month we're seeing the release of the Durani Jagara Colossus, which is a beast of a figure that also comes with a couple of relics as well. There is also a 2nd tileset coming out in September. Beyond that, there's a whole new wave of 3-packs of golems that I expect will be coming out 1-2 sets per month, at least through the end of the year. And at some point this year, the Gudanna will also have their own Colossus released.

Aside from what is available at retail, Harebrained Schemes will have extra styluses available through their web store (when it launches, looking sometime in September or October for that to happen) as well as elite units, which are faction-specific variants on the regular golems.

So it really depends on how "big" you want to get with this, certainly there's quite a bit available now if you want duplicate golems, and plenty more coming out just within the next few months. For starting out though, if you're big on wanting duplicates of everything/having at least one copy of all the relics, then you seem to have a winning plan in place!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just FYI... Tile Set #1 is the same tiles that are in the starter set. You can play with two of the same tiles, each on an opposite side (you could play with 1A and 1B, for example), so maybe you want two of the tile sets. But just so you're aware that it's the same as what comes in the starter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hallstrom
United States
Jackson
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the two of each golem is a great way to start. I have been able to build a number of armies and my friends, who don't have their own sets yet, have been able to make accounts and create their own armies and use my golems - we haven't had much problem there yet with not enough golems to field two armies from that..

Definitely save some budget for Tile set #2 - there are already some awesome scenarios that require some of these tiles.

If you are going super big - then get two sets of each tile set (i.e. a base set and one order of tile set #1 and two orders of tile set #2 so that you can have the most flexibility in creating your own maps when that feature is released [Sept or Oct]).

Also be aware of some of the awesome golems being released over the next few months. Each arcanum is getting 4 more golems by December - with Durani getting their colossus Sept 13th and Gudanna in Oct I believe. The Zikia Earthfall and Fen Lord golems are clearly the best in the entire first release cycle (I may be a bit biased here).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.