Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Great Collective month 3 Builds rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Shaharuddin
United States
California
flag msg tools
I was wondering what people had for their collective month three builds. Heres mine.

Bioship Alpha 38
Independent flagship (free scan) 10
Weyoun (plus 2 crew slots) 6
Breen aide 2
Koss 3 (in case of borg or superior intellect)
Auxiliary control room 4
Anitiproton scan 5
Feedback pulse 9
Cheat death 6
Counter attack 4
Polarized hull plating 3

Total 90 points

This Build works best if your the highest ranking player. You can get a scan and a target lock each turn having 8 or 9 or 10 attack dice if you are closer.In addition to a free hit with green aide. Depending on your opponent you earthier want to have the borg fire 12 attack dice on your opponents best ship or spread the damage on his ship and use him. DO NOT USE FEEDBACK PULSE TILL THE BORG HAS 20 OR MORE DAMAGE if you are the controlling player when the borg is nearly destroyed, have it fire on your bishop with 12 attack dice then use feedback pulse, and auxiliary control room to cancel the auxiliary token. That Should destroy the borg cube and leave the sphere left. Always try not to do a lot of damage if your opponent shoots after you do if the sphere is nearly destroyed. If it is almost of the play mat use counter attack so you can at least get the last attack. I've tried this 3 times it works so far.


Well This is what I came up with, what do you think? What did you come up with?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Kendall
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Was meaning to check on these boards but you dont get Defense Dice against Feedback Pulse do you? Im guessing that is why you are saying wait until it has 20 damage on it already?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You should note that with previous rulings, using feedback pulse does not count as you doing damage (the Cube Token is doing damage to itself) therefore, you would not get credit for the cube kill.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Shaharuddin
United States
California
flag msg tools
No you don't roll defense dice against feedback pulse
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Shaharuddin
United States
California
flag msg tools
delta_angelfire wrote:
You should note that with previous rulings, using feedback pulse does not count as you doing damage (the Cube Token is doing damage to itself) therefore, you would not get credit for the cube kill.


Are you sure? I haven't heard of that can you tell me where you found that information.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Lin
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wording of Feedback Pulse, itself. The person (or in this case, the Borg Cube Token) is dealing damage that gets reflected back at itself; it's doing the damage to itself in this case.

The attacker rolls the die for the damage, and then applies it to itself.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Adams
msg tools
SeijiTataki wrote:
The wording of Feedback Pulse, itself. The person (or in this case, the Borg Cube Token) is dealing damage that gets reflected back at itself; it's doing the damage to itself in this case.

The attacker rolls the die for the damage, and then applies it to itself.


A venue I played at ruled it as "your card, your damage" and allowed it in OP2. Was there an official ruling stating that it doesn't work?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Adams
msg tools
daniels072000 wrote:
No you don't roll defense dice against feedback pulse


You ( the defender) roll defense dice and then subtract the evades as normal. The attacker doesn't roll defense dice against the damage dealt however.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoff Bergenholm
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Griffinman01 wrote:
SeijiTataki wrote:
The wording of Feedback Pulse, itself. The person (or in this case, the Borg Cube Token) is dealing damage that gets reflected back at itself; it's doing the damage to itself in this case.

The attacker rolls the die for the damage, and then applies it to itself.


A venue I played at ruled it as "your card, your damage" and allowed it in OP2. Was there an official ruling stating that it doesn't work?


There has not been an official ruling that I can remember, but this seems to be the general consensus.

This is one where, if you're concerned, you should take it up with the TO at your venue.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Adams
msg tools
Magentawolf wrote:
Griffinman01 wrote:
SeijiTataki wrote:
The wording of Feedback Pulse, itself. The person (or in this case, the Borg Cube Token) is dealing damage that gets reflected back at itself; it's doing the damage to itself in this case.

The attacker rolls the die for the damage, and then applies it to itself.


A venue I played at ruled it as "your card, your damage" and allowed it in OP2. Was there an official ruling stating that it doesn't work?


There has not been an official ruling that I can remember, but this seems to be the general consensus.

This is one where, if you're concerned, you should take it up with the TO at your venue.


You would think this is the general consensus (makes the most sense, right) but I've been on a second thread where people argue that the points go to the BCT for killing itself just because the dice that did the damage came from the BCT (doesn't matter that it's redirected).

My suggestion is come up with an alternative build and talk it with your TO before the match. This definitely sounds like a house rule scenario.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoff Bergenholm
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Griffinman01 wrote:
Magentawolf wrote:
Griffinman01 wrote:
SeijiTataki wrote:
The wording of Feedback Pulse, itself. The person (or in this case, the Borg Cube Token) is dealing damage that gets reflected back at itself; it's doing the damage to itself in this case.

The attacker rolls the die for the damage, and then applies it to itself.


A venue I played at ruled it as "your card, your damage" and allowed it in OP2. Was there an official ruling stating that it doesn't work?


There has not been an official ruling that I can remember, but this seems to be the general consensus.

This is one where, if you're concerned, you should take it up with the TO at your venue.


You would think this is the general consensus (makes the most sense, right) but I've been on a second thread where people argue that the points go to the BCT for killing itself just because the dice that did the damage came from the BCT (doesn't matter that it's redirected).

My suggestion is come up with an alternative build and talk it with your TO before the match. This definitely sounds like a house rule scenario.


That is, actually, what I meant. I am of the opinion that Feedback Pulse merely redirects the attack, and would not allow the player to claim credit for the BCT kill. I'm the TO of my venue, and lacking official clarification, that is how I will be ruling it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Adams
msg tools
Magentawolf wrote:
Griffinman01 wrote:
Magentawolf wrote:
Griffinman01 wrote:
SeijiTataki wrote:
The wording of Feedback Pulse, itself. The person (or in this case, the Borg Cube Token) is dealing damage that gets reflected back at itself; it's doing the damage to itself in this case.

The attacker rolls the die for the damage, and then applies it to itself.


A venue I played at ruled it as "your card, your damage" and allowed it in OP2. Was there an official ruling stating that it doesn't work?


There has not been an official ruling that I can remember, but this seems to be the general consensus.

This is one where, if you're concerned, you should take it up with the TO at your venue.


You would think this is the general consensus (makes the most sense, right) but I've been on a second thread where people argue that the points go to the BCT for killing itself just because the dice that did the damage came from the BCT (doesn't matter that it's redirected).

My suggestion is come up with an alternative build and talk it with your TO before the match. This definitely sounds like a house rule scenario.


That is, actually, what I meant. I am of the opinion that Feedback Pulse merely redirects the attack, and would not allow the player to claim credit for the BCT kill. I'm the TO of my venue, and lacking official clarification, that is how I will be ruling it.


I'd rule it the exact opposite even if wizkids came out with an official ruling (and before anyone claims that I'd only do it because it benefits myself, I'd still rule it if I wasn't participating). I don't see any reason why the points in a scenario like this should just go away. They should always be awarded to someone if the condition is filled. Thus if "the BCT is destroyed", then SOMEONE gets the 40 points for it (ie the guy using the pulse) rather than throwing them away on a technicality that makes no sense.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.