Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Impulse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Execute rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian K
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you execute a card from you hand, do you discard it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Christiansburg
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Play more Inis
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Check page 36 under the execute action breakdown.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. What if you execute a card from your plan, would you discard that? I seem to recall that some card is able to do that but I might be wrong.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chef D
United States
US Armed Forces - Americas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When you use your plan you use every card in order and then they get discarded. If an Execute action is in your plan, then yes it is discarded. Remember that all action cards have the caveat of "may". So it can simply be not used, however it would still be discarded.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about a card that lets you research a card from your hand and then execute it? Do this executed card would be discarded as well?

If yes, text on the card could also be: "execute one card from your hand" it would be still the same as research from hand and then execute this card
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Funguy wrote:
When you use your plan you use every card in order and then they get discarded. If an Execute action is in your plan, then yes it is discarded. Remember that all action cards have the caveat of "may". So it can simply be not used, however it would still be discarded.


I mean a card that says "execute a card in your plan". Would that card remain in your plan or be discarded?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AkitaInu wrote:
What about a card that lets you research a card from your hand and then execute it? Do this executed card would be discarded as well?

If yes, text on the card could also be: "execute one card from your hand" it would be still the same as research from hand and then execute this card


Oh that may have been the one I was thinking of. It seems that you should not discard it (since that would make no sense), which is what originally got my doubting if the executed cards from my hand should be discarded.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:
AkitaInu wrote:
What about a card that lets you research a card from your hand and then execute it? Do this executed card would be discarded as well?

If yes, text on the card could also be: "execute one card from your hand" it would be still the same as research from hand and then execute this card


Oh that may have been the one I was thinking of. It seems that you should not discard it (since that would make no sense), which is what originally got my doubting if the executed cards from my hand should be discarded.


Exactly, we played that way,especially that this card is a size 3 card so it must be strong
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Muemmelmann wrote:
Funguy wrote:
When you use your plan you use every card in order and then they get discarded. If an Execute action is in your plan, then yes it is discarded. Remember that all action cards have the caveat of "may". So it can simply be not used, however it would still be discarded.

I mean a card that says "execute a card in your plan". Would that card remain in your plan or be discarded?

You were probably thinking of the 1-red Research card that reads, "Research [1] card from your Plan, leaving the other cards in the same order."

Since that researches the card from your plan (instead of executing it), it's clear that the card in question isn't discarded (or executed).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.