Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Schmitt
United States
South Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I’d love some clarification on the Bauza & Cathala card – the description here says to take resources "randomly", but in the clarification it says to take "resources of your choice". If you choose them, they’re not random at all. Can this be given a clearer explanation? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cédrick Chaboussit
France
Niort
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the correct effect:

Take randomly from the stocks 2 primary resources per player (Drawn from as many sets as the number of players, for example 3 sets of 4 different ressources in a 3 players game). Then keep up to 2 resources for you (place them on your boats), then give the remaining resources to the player of your choice. This player can take up to 2 resources for him among the remaining ones. Then he gives the remaining resources to the player of his choice who has not got resources yet. The latter chooses the 1 or 2 resources he wants to keep and so on.

The publisher will correct it soon ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Schmitt
United States
South Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Chabousse wrote:

Take randomly from the stocks 2 primary resources per player (Drawn from as many sets as the number of players, for example 3 sets of 4 different ressources in a 3 players game). Then keep up to 2 resources for you (place them on your boats), then give the remaining resources to the player of your choice. This player can take up to 2 resources for him among the remaining ones. Then he gives the remaining resources to the player of his choice who has not got resources yet. The latter chooses the 1 or 2 resources he wants to keep and so on.

Just to make sure I'm following this one correctly..

I take 1 set of the 4 primary resources and randomly choose 2
I do that as many times as there are players
Then from those, I choose up to two and pass the rest, each player taking up to 2

That sum it up correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Schmitt
United States
South Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
belial1134 wrote:
Chabousse wrote:

Just to make sure I'm following this one correctly..

I take 1 set of the 4 primary resources and randomly choose 2
I do that as many times as there are players
Then from those, I choose up to two and pass the rest, each player taking up to 2

That sum it up correctly?

The way I'm reading this:
1) Create a pool of one complete set of four primary resources for every player (e.g. twelve total resources for a three-player game)
2) Then from that pool randomly draw two resources for each player (continuing the same example: six total resources)
3) Take up to two of your choice and pass the rest to the player of your choice
4) Each player in turn does the same, passing to another player who hasn't yet selected their resources, until all players have had the opportunity once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.