Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark horsburgh
United Kingdom
luton
beds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot find mention of this and am wondering if it is just me asking this question, but I'll ask it all the same.

During the last step of setup the rules say:

Draw Starting Cards: Each player draws six command
cards from the command deck and three lore cards from his
faction’s lore deck.
Then, both players secretly and simultaneously choose two
of their command cards and one of their lore cards to place
on the bottom of the appropriate decks.
After both players have a hand consisting of four command
cards and two lore cards

So with lore cards it is simple, choose a card you wouldn't mind seeing near the end of the deck. But with command cards you have several ways of approaching this. As you are meant to dispose of a total of 4 cards between you to the bottom of a shared deck it poses the question as to how you are meant to do so, and who does so first. The intended strategy isn't clear.

So assuming the starting player goes first, does he dispose of two cards to the bottom of the command deck followed by player 2? Or does he dispose of one and then alternate with player 2 till all four are disposed? Or do you just shuffle them all (both players removed cards) and dispose of them all simultaneously, which is kind of what may be suggested by the rules, but it is not clear.

My first post so please forgive any error or silly question. ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably first player does it first, at the bottom. In practice, though, I don't think it really matters. The chances of going through the whole deck are pretty slim - it would take 8 rounds to do so. And if anyone plays a BattleLore card in the meantime, the whole deck is reshuffled anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark horsburgh
United Kingdom
luton
beds
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the speedy reply.

I didn't think it would matter much personally, but thought there might be a design reason for doing it this way and wondered what that idea was.

I've just bought this game and am about to have a full game, hence the question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jman Z
msg tools
mbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
Probably first player does it first, at the bottom. In practice, though, I don't think it really matters. The chances of going through the whole deck are pretty slim - it would take 8 rounds to do so. And if anyone plays a BattleLore card in the meantime, the whole deck is reshuffled anyway.

What am I missing?

Is the command card deck shuffled every time ANY lore card is played?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I Need More Coffee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
knutergrum wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:

What am I missing?

No, the specific lore card titled "Battlelore" (it has a graphic of a dwarf examining some runes on a stone slab) has you reshuffling the deck in the card text after you roll dice to select which units are activated. That is not the case with other lore cards however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Party Hats wrote:
knutergrum wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:

What am I missing?

No, the specific lore card titled "Battlelore" (it has a graphic of a dwarf examining some runes on a stone slab) has you reshuffling the deck in the card text after you roll dice to select which units are activated. That is not the case with other lore cards however.

It's not a Lore card, it's a Command card There are 2 in the Command Deck, and when you play it, you reshuffle the entire Command Card deck and discards, except for the Battlelore command card itself (probably so you can see what it does if the opponent plays Counterattack).

Note, though, that you do not shuffle the Lore decks when you play Battlelore in this edition, only the Command deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jman Z
msg tools
mbmbmb
thanks guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.