Hide
5 Posts

Dungeon Saga: Dwarf King's Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Qs on duplicating systems and resin minis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
"I run to breathe the fresh air. I run to explore. I run…to savour the trip along the way."
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I’m looking to back this. Any help with the following would be much appreciated:

1) I’m only interested in playing the basic game, in co-op/solo mode. I have Myth, Shadows of Brimstone and Fireteam Zero coming so I figure I have the more complex crawls covered but am assuming this will be the new Heroquest/D&D; quick and simple but great looking. Assumption correct or am I essentially duplicating one of the above games, bar theme?

2) What do resin miniatures look like? I’m a non-painter; are they grey, more detailed versions of the plastic ones which you can use without painting or will they be covered in mould lines which will need to be removed. Basically what’s nicer to play with, unpainted resin or coloured plastic?

Interested in people's opinions, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Myth: Deck system.
Sob: Roll vs. target number
DS: Combat system similar to Risk (but it's not Risk!)

You can get this game retail, and your primary question will be how much gaming you want. If the game's not going to hit the table much, retail should be fine. If you plan to play this game often, KS is the way to go.

Resin, unfortunately, varies a lot in playability. Mantic said you can play with the resin pieces, if you're thinking about the Legendary sculpts.

Next SG: $980,000 BONUS Complete Dwarf King’s Hold Collection
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas De Herdt
Belgium
Brussels (Uccle)
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah the WHQ 25th anniversary edition, but without the thick nice looking boards and the beautiful GW minis. I like Mantic for their support to the community, but I'm no fan of the quality of the minis nor their boards and bits used in dwarf kings hold and their other products.
I'm willing to give this one a try otherwise I continue collecting my WHQ game bits by bits (with proxies mostly and printing).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.