Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Having been seduced by the idea of card-trading and playing sets, and the interesting bits, I purchased Andromeda and brought it to Gaming Night in case Illuminati ran short, which it surprisingly did.

Kerry, Brian, Eric, Becky, and I got this out since it wasn't midnight yet, and stumbled our way through the game.
The concepts made plenty of sense once the game started and people had fun moving the bits around. Of course, nothing beats giving a name to the randomizing component which has now been dubbed the "magical asstray" due to a speech impediment on my part.

Kerry had actually played this game before in some fashion, which we found out helps a lot - it definitely requires one play to understand the mechanics of playing your sets and where to set your goals.

Kerry grabbed 4 of the 10+ spots and got to Tech Level 4 pretty quickly. Upon seeing this I tried to see if grabbing bonus cards would offset my bad luck with the asstray (and with the starting distribution of cubes). It almost did, but Kerry's advanced knowledge of the game gave him the edge he needed to pull out the win. I don't remember the scores, but it was a close game.

I'd definitely give this one a 7.5 to an 8 - Good game, usually willing to play more than once every 3 sessions. It's colorful, interesting, has engaging mechanics, but manages to tie them together nicely without being overly thick and unwieldy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.