Subject: Those "How did I not know this existed?!" moments rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David SL
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey all,

Earlier today I was thinking about a game design idea I've had for a few weeks and how perhaps it would be a good fit for not my own character designs, but rather an established Chinese mythology: Journey to the West, the story of the monkey king. I still think that, but upon searching for threads on here enquiring as to why such a theme hasn't already been done in board games, I came across Journey: Wrath of Demons.

It's moments like this in board gaming that remind me why I am always looking at new games even immediately after purchasing another. There are so many games out there catering to different tastes that I often wonder what I'm missing or haven't yet found! (Luckily the kickstarter for this one was a little too rich for my blood so it's probably a good thing I didn't discover it sooner)

What games have you discovered and been taken aback at just how tailored for you it seems to be? Have you ever had those "Why has nobody told me about this??!" moments?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also Mountain of Inferno for a Journey To The West theme, though it's not a very heavily themed game.

Pete (pretty much buys every Greek-themed game he can get his hands on)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not quite what the op wanted, but it took three plays of Tzol'kin on bga before I realized there was a space to get workers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivia Dunlap
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude. I love all things Journey to the West. I will have to check that game out.

Anywho, I'm still trying to FIND a game that really captures a digital TRPG in physical form. So far there's Endless: Fantasy Tactics, which is basically a direct rehash of Final Fantasy Tactics. I'm interested, but there's not a lot of info on it. But I guess that's the closes to that sort of thing I've had/having.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.