BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » West

Subject: Redlands! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Reger
United States
California
flag msg tools
I'd like to start a meet up! Redlands area! We can play at the new starbucks on Lugonia and wabash! Anyone interested?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Redlands. And interested (when my introversion doesn't get the better of me, which it tends to do when I have a busy week at work and/or the weather is too hot like it is this time of year).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Matney
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
I live in Redlands and host a Monday night Men's board game night if you are ever interested. Typically 7:00 at my place. Let me know!

Here is a link to the facebook group I have setup:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/RedlandsGameNight/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Matney
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
By the way, I'm hosting a King of New York Tournament this Saturday the 17th! Would love it if you could make it.

The event is posted here.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/BoardGamePairadice/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why a "Men's board game night"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Matney
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
Well, the group started because my wife started a ladies night watching the bachelor. So, I decided if she was going to do that then I was going to have a men's board game night. So, that's just how it started. Plus it's a great time for us men to just be raw with each other without worrying about what the ladies think. It's turned into great fellowship. She has her thing and has encouraged me to have mine, that's all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Matney
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
agramore wrote:
Why a "Men's board game night"?

You'll be happy to know that we are hosting a Tuesday night game night at Gourmet Pizza from 6:00 - 10ish. This is open to everybody. You can bring one of your games or come play a new one of someone else's.

This is a free event so please support the business by having dinner or drinks there. However, this is not a requirement. Yoy may come and just play.

Hope to see you there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Santa Fe Springs
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / Yucata User
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
ramatney wrote:
I'm hosting a King of New York Tournament this Saturday the 17th!

How did that King of Tokyo tournament go?
And why KoT?
And what format did you use?

Gnarcore wrote:
I'd like to start a meet up! Redlands area! We can play at the new starbucks on Lugonia and wabash! Anyone interested?

Did this ever materialize?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Matney
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
Tournament went fantastic! In fact we've had like 6 sense that one. This forum doesn't seem to be active so I stopped posting them here. We had 30 at our last Splendor tournament and 24 at 7 Wonders. Good times, you should come.

The meetup did materialize! We meet at Gourmet pizza on State st every Tuesday from 6-10. It's a casual come and go. I also have a group on Facebook and meetup.com. that's where we post all the info for future events.

Hope to see you soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Santa Fe Springs
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / Yucata User
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent!
What's the name of the meetup group? I'll join, even if just to keep up with what's going on in that area.
(Is it good pizza?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Matney
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
bandit_boy7 wrote:
Excellent!
What's the name of the meetup group? I'll join, even if just to keep up with what's going on in that area.
(Is it good pizza?)

Gourmet pizza is good pizza. I really like it. It is gourmet though: so not cheap and really unique (peanut butter, noodles and mashed potatoes are a few topping options). Definitely worth checking out!

FB: www.facebook.com/groups/BoardGamePairadice

www.meetup.com/BoardGamePairadice

Look forward to meeting you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.