Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Poskin
United States
Sauk Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) If you play kick to the head on the guy with the ball, He drops the ball if no one else moves in he picks it up again at the end of the turn correct?

2) this resulted in 15 points being scored let me know if we did this right. Its my turn, as the other player has 9 cards in play it is the last turn. I played Hustle, and my runner with the ball makes it to the major score square (5 pts) the rules say on page 12 " if one of you runners or ringers has the ball and is standing on your teams major scoring mound you immediately get a major score. Now as it is the end of the first quarter I get a major sore for being on the major scoring square (5 points). Lastly I get to start the second quarter and my player is still standing on the major scoring mound at the start of my turn I score 5 more points for a total of 15. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) No, the player must spend his turn to pick up the ball again. (see the official faq for reference)

2) Everything seems correct. A very well timed Hustle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pilum pilum
France
flag msg tools
mb
jpozsr wrote:

2) this resulted in 15 points being scored let me know if we did this right. Its my turn, as the other player has 9 cards in play it is the last turn. I played Hustle, and my runner with the ball makes it to the major score square (5 pts) the rules say on page 12 " if one of you runners or ringers has the ball and is standing on your teams major scoring mound you immediately get a major score.

Don't agree.
You don't have these 5 points because you score at the BEGINNING of your turn. So your grand total becomes only 10 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt S
United States
Sharpsburg
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pilum2008 wrote:

Don't agree. You don't have these 5 points because you score at the BEGINNING of your turn. So your grand total becomes only 10 points.

I originally was thinking the same thing as you but after rereading page 12 it does say immediately in the description of the major scoring mound. Now that is the letter of the rules, but in the spirit of the rules all scoring is done at the beginning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poskin
United States
Sauk Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agreed with Matt as to the spirit of the rules, the other person I was playing with pointed this out. I read it as a continuation of the previous paragraph on the minior scoring rule.

Thanks all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pilum pilum
France
flag msg tools
mb
mcs1213 wrote:
pilum2008 wrote:

Don't agree. You don't have these 5 points because you score at the BEGINNING of your turn. So your grand total becomes only 10 points.

I originally was thinking the same thing as you but after rereading page 12 it does say immediately in the description of the major scoring mound. Now that is the letter of the rules, but in the spirit of the rules all scoring is done at the beginning.

???

"Immediately" is also in the description of of a minor scoring mound.

So you are agree with me, or not ??
10 points or 15 points ???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That paragraph on page 12 is a clear continuation of the first paragraph.

Scoring only happens at the start of your turn or at the end of each period.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poskin
United States
Sauk Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree it should have only been 10 points
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pilum pilum
France
flag msg tools
mb
jpozsr wrote:
1) If you play kick to the head on the guy with the ball, He drops the ball if no one else moves in he picks it up again at the end of the turn correct?

It is "Boot to the head", not "kick to the head".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike The Tike
msg tools
pilum2008 wrote:
jpozsr wrote:

2) this resulted in 15 points being scored let me know if we did this right. Its my turn, as the other player has 9 cards in play it is the last turn. I played Hustle, and my runner with the ball makes it to the major score square (5 pts) the rules say on page 12 " if one of you runners or ringers has the ball and is standing on your teams major scoring mound you immediately get a major score.

Don't agree.
You don't have these 5 points because you score at the BEGINNING of your turn. So your grand total becomes only 10 points.

Should it not be only 5 points? Maybe I am misunderstanding the rules, but wouldn't the ball go back to the centre at the end of the 1st period? So you get 5 points for standing on the mound at the end of the 1st period, but I'm not sure where you were getting the 5 points at the beginning of the second period.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J.S.
msg tools
hello guys..i really need your help on the rules...because i can't find an answer for this question in the rulebook,videos or an update faqs...
here's the main question : "if a runner/ringer still stands on the scoring mount even after they have scored at that mount, can they score again? just by maintaining the position?"

because here's what happened, i played a two player game
1.the first turn is the enemy, he started by using ringer on sprint action and take the ball in the center"
2.after that is my turn and i used my bruiser to tackle the ringer but i lost the contest and got knocked back
3.then the ringer choose to sprint again back at his home at the major scoring mount(5 point)

now at this point i think it's an easy win by the enemy because when he got back at the major scoring mount on his side it's well protected by a line of bruisers and runners...and it's a long way there for me to approach the ringer and i have to deal for every reaction when i enter the enemy killzone, he just need to stay put there then it's an easy 5 point all the way until the period end...
am i missing something? or did i just read the rule wrong?
thank you...and please help me,it's bothering me a lot....lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Check out the Board Game Beacon Blog: Click here then click on "Blogs" in the menu bar
badge
Follow me on Twitter: @BoardGameBeacon
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Micheal, I hope this helps:

androny wrote:
"if a runner/ringer still stands on the scoring mount even after they have scored at that mount, can they score again? just by maintaining the position?"

This player will score again and again at the start of each of their turns only if they are carrying the ball. Without the ball, they will only score once at the end of each period if they are stood on a scoring mound when a period ends.

androny wrote:
3.then the ringer choose to sprint again back at his home at the major scoring mount(5 point)

Part 3 is incorrect. From page 5 in the rules:
The major scoring mounds are in the middle of each team’s backfield, and they are color-coded. You can only use the major scoring mound that matches the color of your scrimmage line (it will be the mound opposite your team’s scrimmage line).

So your major scoring mound is located behind your opposition's line of scrimmage on the opposite side of the table, much like an American Football endzone or a Rugby tryline. This means that to major score you'll need to find a way past the opposition.

I hope this helps - let me know if you need any further clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J.S.
msg tools
thanks a lot Billy
that was really helpfull...
i guess i misunderstood that last part lol....XD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.