Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Gans
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Items: There are Crewmen specific Items as identified on their Crewmen card. Crewmen may not trade any of their starting items, but there are non-crew specific items that can be found over the course of the game that can be assigned to any Crewmen and traded as Crewmen desire.

1. Once a Supply Cache is returned to the ship, the grenade and 3 random items can be assigned immediately to any crewmember(s) – wherever they are on the board. Is this correct?

2. After items from the Supply Cache have been assigned, can they be traded between crewmembers later?

3. Can Fido later be traded to another crewmember after it has been assigned to the one who returned it to the ship?

4. If non-crew specific items can be traded after initial assignment:
a. When during a crewmember’s action-turn can a trade take place?
b. Where does a crewmember need to be to make a trade to another (e.g., anywhere, same sector, same sector-zone, any adjacent space, or drop off as one crewmember passes though the space of another)?
c. Can such items be used twice in the same round of crewmember turns (e.g., can a laser pistol be fired, then handed off for immediate use by another crewmember assuming enough charges exist)?

5. Can non-crew specific Items be dropped and later be picked up by other crewmembers? If so, how does that work?

6. Can ship debris be traded between crewmembers? If so:
a. When during a crewmember’s action-turn can the trade take place?
b. Where does a crewmember need to be to trade debris (e.g., any adjacent space or drop off as one crewmember passes though the space of another)?
c. Can debris be traded in this manner between crewmembers like a water bucket brigade (move-trade-move-trade-etc) to move it rapidly to the ship?

7. Can ship debris be purposely dropped in transit to the ship? Note: this also happens when a crewmember’s health goes to zero. If so:
a. When during a crewmember’s action-turn can the drop take place (e.g., can it be dropped during movement)?
b. Where is the debris placed on the board?
c. How does another crewmember pick up dropped debris? Does the crewmember need to spend an action die?
d. To pick up dropped debris, does the crewmember need to be on top of the debris or just adjacent to it?

8. Any other considerations about trading and/or dropping items and debris?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes
2. yes if in the same Sector
3. No
4. Anytime provided in the same sector. Yes
5. No
6. No
7. no, the only time you can drop one is if you have one and pick up another (you leave the item you have in the spot you just picked up from

If a crewman is ko'd with debris, the debris is placed on the space the crewman was ko'd
8. Not that I can think of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Gans
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Sean! My crew is just looking for an edge wherever they can find it!

Just to be clear, the ship (Zone 0) is considered to be in all sectors for trading purposes -- which is why the Supply Cache can be distributed anywhere?

EDIT: Ah yes, the ship must be in all sectors. From the rules: "Each Sector is divided into 4 Zones."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
onekccs wrote:
1. Yes
2. yes if in the same Sector
3. No
4. Anytime provided in the same sector. Yes
5. No
6. No
7. no, the only time you can drop one is if you have one and pick up another (you leave the item you have in the spot you just picked up from

If a crewman is ko'd with debris, the debris is placed on the space the crewman was ko'd
8. Not that I can think of.
When you say Sector, you mean "Sector" not "Zone", right? I know a lot of cards can be used when Crew are in the same Sector, I just want to be sure that trading is an intra-Sector activity.

As a sort of extension to that question, if I have a card that allows me to do something "in the same Sector" is this triggered at the point when I am in the same Sector, or do I have to start/end my movement in the same Sector? There are a number of skill cards that allow a Crew to grant an activity to another Crew that is in the same Sector and it seems possible to make use of it in a "drive by".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
officially, it would be at the start or end of a turn, but cards are like interrupt and can be used to "suspend" time. So giving an item to someone would not interrupt, but a crewman card that said do "x" would be an interrupt.

Hope that makes sense and helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
onekccs wrote:
officially, it would be at the start or end of a turn, but cards are like interrupt and can be used to "suspend" time. So giving an item to someone would not interrupt, but a crewman card that said do "x" would be an interrupt.

Hope that makes sense and helps.
Right, so if I have a card that says "Allow another Crew in your Sector to fix Shields" then we would have to be in the same Sector at the start of the target Crewman's Turn? (As opposed to being able to play the card when the Crewman moved into my Sector at some point during his/her Turn.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The intent of the Crewman Skill Cards are:

1) If it has a Star, it has to be played on you, at some point during one of your action die moves (before, during or after)
2) If it does not have a star, it is to be played on another crewman, and can be played at anytime it is appropriate.

So, for that card, a fellow crewman would need to be next to a shield generator in the same sector as you are for you to play it. It is extremely effective when they just rolled to raise shiled to then play that card and have them raise them some more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
onekccs wrote:
The intent of the Crewman Skill Cards are:

1) If it has a Star, it has to be played on you, at some point during one of your action die moves (before, during or after)
2) If it does not have a star, it is to be played on another crewman, and can be played at anytime it is appropriate.

So, for that card, a fellow crewman would need to be next to a shield generator in the same sector as you are for you to play it. It is extremely effective when they just rolled to raise shiled to then play that card and have them raise them some more!
I think the key thing is the phrase "and can be played at anytime it is appropriate" I keep forgetting this important element. I like the intent statements, I'll include them in the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Gans
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Reading all the comments in this thread again, I'm still a little unclear about trading items within a sector.

A. I think we're saying that a trade can take place only at the beginning or end of a crewmember's turn. So one cannot move-trade-act or act-trade-move (and trades cannot "interrupt" and occur during movement). Is that correct?

B. Also, a "tradeable" item, like a gun found in the Supply Cache, can potentially be used by one crewmember during his turn, traded to another in the same sector, and then immediately used again by the new owner. Correct?

C. Taking this perhaps to an extreme, a tradable item could be used, tossed to X-14 in the same sector, recharged on its turn, and tossed back all in the same Phase?

D. One more thing: Trades are gives, not takes. In other words, a crew member cannot take an item from another on her turn, only give an item to to another?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goblin wrote:
Reading all the comments in this thread again, I'm still a little unclear about trading items within a sector.

A. I think we're saying that a trade can take place only at the beginning or end of a crewmember's turn. So one cannot move-trade-act or act-trade-move (and trades cannot "interrupt" and occur during movement). Is that correct?
Only Actions are excluded from interrupting Movement. Sean said "anytime" is his response, so I'd take that as any time you are in the same Sector - but we have had caveats on Skill cards with "same Sector" restrictions that mean "same Sector at the start or end of a Turn".

Quote:
B. Also, a "tradeable" item, like a gun found in the Supply Cache, can potentially be used by one crewmember during his turn, traded to another in the same sector, and then immediately used again by the new owner. Correct?
Sounds right from the rulings we've had, but may be not the intent. Having said that, it can be pretty hard to pull off, so maybe it's not a game breaker.

Quote:
C. Taking this perhaps to an extreme, a tradable item could be used, tossed to X-14 in the same sector, recharged on its turn, and tossed back all in the same Phase?
Same as previous, but even harder to pull off - especially if the beginning/end of Turn definition of "same Sector" is confirmed.

Quote:
D. One more thing: Trades are gives, not takes. In other words, a crew member cannot take an item from another on her turn, only give an item to to another?
Great question! Personally, I don't see that it matters. Trading isn't really Trading in this context unless it requires an Item to go each way (which it doesn't) so it hardly matters which side is the empty side of the Trade IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Gans
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
goblin wrote:

Only Actions are excluded from interrupting Movement. Sean said "anytime" is his response, so I'd take that as any time you are in the same Sector - but we have had caveats on Skill cards with "same Sector" restrictions that mean "same Sector at the start or end of a Turn".

Yes, "anytime" seemed a little vague to me. One of Sean's later replies (that I now see I misread) made me think he actually meant at the beginning or end of a crew member's turn.

Quote:
Quote:
Sounds right from the rulings we've had, but may be not the intent. Having said that, it can be pretty hard to pull off, so maybe it's not a game breaker.
I agree, it won't break the game, but it may come in handy in a pinch sometimes.

Quote:
Quote:
Same as previous, but even harder to pull off - especially if the beginning/end of Turn definition of "same Sector" is confirmed.
True, an extreme case...

Quote:
Quote:
Great question! Personally, I don't see that it matters. Trading isn't really Trading in this context unless it requires an Item to go each way (which it doesn't) so it hardly matters which side is the empty side of the Trade IMO.
Yes, but from the context of the rules, I think trading is not swapping, it's just handing things off. Grabbing stuff probably will not be so useful since it's too late in the Phase to equip and use most things. Snatching Sand Boots off someone's feet, however, could come in handy though.

There are some ways that trades can be abused. For example, tossing a Med Kit to someone in the same sector more than 1 space away completely breaks its distance limitation. I agree that trades are not going to be frequent tactics, but with a nice draw from the Supply Cache, there can be some useful opportunities for trades like ensuring a Sonic Driver gets used by a running crewmember each turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.