Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Thompson
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the Protagonists play the 'Forbid Movement' card on a location to forbid any movement to/from that location, or is that restricted for use on a character only?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Garcia Ballester
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
badge
Across Space and Time
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules says that forbid movement is effective only when placed together with a movement card. Movement card placed on locations does not have any effect.

So forbid movement placed on location doesn't have any effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
roric32 wrote:
Can the Protagonists play the 'Forbid Movement' card on a location to forbid any movement to/from that location, or is that restricted for use on a character only?

No cards except [forbid] intrigue have any effect on a location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Pitzer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like this is an important point for all sides to learn. The ONLY mastermind card that actually does anything on a location is add intrigue. Therefore the only cards that the mastermind plays on locations are add intrigue or some other card as a bluff.

This can be important because putting just one add intrigue card down don't usually make a lot of sense since the protagonists can just forbid it. But they cannot play 2 forbid intrigues(without them canceling each other) so if the mastermind plays down 2 cards on locations, they have to guess which one is real and which is a bluff.

More to the OP's original point, cards on locations only ever affect the location itself, not characters in that location. You can't forbid movement on a location to prevent movement on characters in that location (even though that might logically make sense). You also can't forbid paranoia on the location to stop it from going onto characters there or add goodwill to a location to add it to all characters there. This is stated in the rules by saying that these cards on a location have no effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo L
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EclecticGamer wrote:
It seems like this is an important point for all sides to learn. The ONLY mastermind card that actually does anything on a location is add intrigue. Therefore the only cards that the mastermind plays on locations are add intrigue or some other card as a bluff.

This can be important because putting just one add intrigue card down don't usually make a lot of sense since the protagonists can just forbid it. But they cannot play 2 forbid intrigues(without them canceling each other) so if the mastermind plays down 2 cards on locations, they have to guess which one is real and which is a bluff.

Thanks for this info. I'm new to this game (just start my first PBF game), and I must say I didn't get that by just reading the rules.

For instance it's nor even clear how fordid intrigue works. If I play this card on the "City" location, and the mastermind has play a intrigue on the City location, it's canceled right ? But what if mastermind rahter play the Intrigue card on "Police Officier" located in the City ? It won't be cancel, because I should have play the card on the Police officer and not the city itself ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haiku wrote:
For instance it's nor even clear how fordid intrigue works. If I play this card on the "City" location, and the mastermind has play a intrigue on the City location, it's canceled right ? But what if mastermind rahter play the Intrigue card on "Police Officier" located in the City ? It won't be cancel, because I should have play the card on the Police officer and not the city itself ?

That is how it works, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo L
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Haiku wrote:

That is how it works, yes.

Ok thank you. Then I don't find the rules to be explicit enough. Here is the in-extenso description of the "forbid intrigue" card:

Quote:
Forbid Intrigue
If on the same spot as an Intrigue +1 or +2 , this takes precedence and nothing happens. However, if 2 or more players have played Forbid Intrigue on the same day (no matter where on the playing field), they nullify each other.

What is a "spot" ? It's not obvious enough this card could be played on a character for instance. It would have help me a lot if for each card the valid targets where explicitly listed (character only, character or location, location only).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Pitzer
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that part is very confusing. For card playing purposes, characters and locations are completely separate. Forbid cards only work if the protagonists and mastermind play the card on the same character/location.

The only card that does anything on a location is add/forbid intrigue. All any other cards do is serve as a bluff. So if the mastermind only plays one card on a location, you can usually just cancel it with a forbid without having to think too hard about it. But, if they play cards on 2 locations, then one is a bluff any you have to guess, since playing 2 forbids would make neither of them work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.