Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I kinda wish all those cool, thinky puzzles from companies such as ThinkFun and SmartGames were accepted on BGG. Games like Rush Hour, River Crossing, Anti-Virus, Solitaire Chess, and Tipover.

I mean, they are pretty much just little 1-player games. In fact, to me, they seem much more 'board game-like' than a lot of things on BGG like Pitchcar, Loupin' Loui, or Villa Paletti.

Anyway, just a thought/wish that I've had often that just popped up again because I just got one that I love that quickly jumped to being one of my favorites ever... Chocolate Fix. My wife and kids and I quickly burned through the deck of 40 puzzles, and I thought to myself, "well, I'll just go on BGG and see if there a bunch more user created levels in the files section! Oh, wait.. that's right... dang".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I´d love to see those puzzles here too.

And if people think they are too different form board games, maybe a 4th geek (besides Board Games, RPGs, and Video Games) might be the solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nothing says "I love you" like a new dice bag
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can find many of them in the Outside the Scope of BGG entry. See also the tags

http://boardgamegeek.com/tag/thinkfun

http://boardgamegeek.com/tag/rushhour

http://boardgamegeek.com/tag/think_series
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cheryl Leon
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I absolutely agree with you! I consider them 1-player tabletop games and want them included in my tabletop catalog. A separate site (like the RPG site) is silly -- in fact, I wish RPG games could be in my tabletop catalog. But at least let us have the puzzles, BoardGameGeek!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nothing says "I love you" like a new dice bag
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can create a custom version (under something like Outside the Scope of BGG) and select a custom representative image.

Detailed instructions with screenshots here:

Creating custom versions in your collection and selecting custom representative images

In a nutshell:

- Go to the User Info section on the game page.

- Double-click in the Title field to give it a custom name.

- Click in the Version field, and then Custom Version Info.

A box will open. You can add an image number to the ImageID field, and any other information that you would like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph B
United States
Granite Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone wants a free 'Play 1 month for free' code voucher for SmartGamesLive.com online games, IM me and I'll send it to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonya H
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree. I want them in the database also.
They are more of boardgames than Perplexus are, and those made it into the database!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deviated in his zealotry? Surely not
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmb
The Perplexi should probably be in Outside the Scope. The line has been drawn somewhere, with a bunch of grandfathered entries (Solitaire, Labyrinth to name a couple) and cases of people using similarly named games to record comments (e.g. whichever game with "Tangram" in the name for comments on Tangrams, whichever game with "Sudoku" in the name for comments on Sudoku). Pushing that line could be done arbitrarily far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack of Clubs
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
Or they could add a whole new domain. Since we have BGG, VGG, and RPGG, why not add PG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deviated in his zealotry? Surely not
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmb
Because DiscGolfGeek has priority.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with you on this one.
Would be nice to have it as an added category.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.