Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
We are thinking of running an official contest on BGG to promote our board game. Having taken part in other such contests before, we are aware that all contestants will receive a microbadge related to the contest.

After writing to the admin, we found out that the microbadge for the contest is not designed by the admin team. We had always thought it was part of the package. I have designed a few microbadges, but am a decidedly below average microbadger. shake My Significant Other does not design any. robot

Does any one know how other board game publishers design their contest microbadges? Do they do them inhouse, or make a discreet request for help from active microbadgers on BGG?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
is listed as the designer for the most recent contests. I would geekmail him to find out if he designs the badges or if not he would be a good resource to find out how the process works.

Otherwise if his name is put on other designers badges for BGG reasons, I would suggest sending a geekmail to a badge designer to make a request of them to design the badge.

skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?

Is the microbadge admin. He might also help get to the bottom of this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
It was Chad who told us via geekmail that we needed to design our own microbadge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
If it was me I would geekmail some designers to find one who is willing.

I'm not sure if this geeklist is active or not, or if contest design microbadges are supposed to be kept more private but there is this geeklist.

Microbadge Request & Design Feedback GeekList v4 (retired)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
We have the microbadge design! [listitem=3405593]Follow this link (before it gets deleted.[/listitem]

Many thanks to Daniel for his help:
Daniel Schwartzkopf
United States
Orange
CA
flag msg tools
badge
The science of history is a great bulwark against the stream of Time; in a way it checks this irresistible flood, it holds in a tight grasp whatever it can seize floating on the surface and will not allow it to slip away into the depths of oblivion
mbmbmbmbmb

Edit: Here is the microbadge design, since the geeklist item has been deleted: mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.