Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
Drake - Finlay and Pendrake are in the Police station when Drake makes a Chaplin detection attempt and rolls a 3 meaning Finlay is revealed as Chaplin. In the resulting caffuffle Drake and Pendrake are injured (but not killed so the Police station is still British Occupied, and Finlay escapes.

Fortunately only the Fallschirmjager (7th) have been activated so far and there are only 5 available off-board units - but where do they go?

Of the four "nearest"/adjacent areas 'Orchard Lane' is occupied by other British units whilst 'The Garage', 'Hangmans Lane' and 'NE Square' are all still British held but unoccupied. The "nearest" German controlled area is 'Cemetery'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK so with the game set up on the table and poised waiting a decision on where the 5 Fallschirmjager need to be placed I went with placing them in 'NE Sq' which was the first sq not occupied by a British unit on the line of advance from the Chaplin escapes square. This was kind of unnerving as only an unarmed and rather undecided Rev Barnstable was occupying the church.

Fortunately Earl Thorncroft was able to make it into the church to hold them off whilst the W.I. Shooting club flanked them to the North and gunned the survivors down with their Vickers MG aided by some sterling work from McGowan's Webley.

It was fortunate that I had done Drake's Chaplin roll as the first thing during the British movt phase which allowed me to scramble a defence.

This left the rather odd situation of a completely isolated German ctrl marker existing in the center of the board - which didn't feel right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Workman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not? That's happened to me twice now. It "simulates" the event in the booklet where the Germans infiltrate in inside an ambulance (or some such). Perfectly reasonable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KillerB wrote:
Why not? That's happened to me twice now. It "simulates" the event in the booklet where the Germans infiltrate in inside an ambulance (or some such). Perfectly reasonable.

The actual units appearing there makes sense given the narrative it's the ctrl marker surviving their elimination that feels a bit odd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Blackwell
England
Rotherfield
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well you can count yourself lucky, Chaplin reveals himself in the church and despatches a wounded Hartwell, Reynolds and Drake and wounds Barnstaple leaving just him & Pendrake left who fails to capture him.

All 4 regts are activated so suddenly arriving in the SW sq are no less than 15 German units joining the 6 already there and the Panzer III. So that makes 21 units from 4 regts and a tank that will hit on a 5 or 6 plus all the remaining 19 german units already on board and a Panzer IV yet to place "Oh the humanity"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.