Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Acrylic Token Vendors? (Looking for specific ones) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J V
United States
Florence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping I could find whoever did the tokens in these ebay auctions:

NOTE: I have no affiliation with this guy, not trying to sell anything.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

They look really awesome but I can't find anybody that has them for sale on a site.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.litko.net/categories/Shop-By-Compatible-Game-Syst...

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Graffam
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:


Not the same stuff.

I don't recognize any of the designs from those eBay auctions. Most of them are nice.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While not the same stuff, and does require some painting, I love my stuff from cog o two. I have no pictures, but just go to the website and check them out. Was very happy with them. The target locks are very small, can fit on the bases completely, and you can custom pick the colors to whatever you want.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
crackbone wrote:
I was hoping I could find whoever did the tokens in these ebay auctions:

NOTE: I have no affiliation with this guy, not trying to sell anything.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

They look really awesome but I can't find anybody that has them for sale on a site.


I actually contacted the seller, earlier.

The name of the manufacturer is GemCat. They sell their tokens as a bundle on eBay. I really just wanted their shield tokens, but not being able to buy JUST the shield tokens has turned me away from them.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garret Arcoraci
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think those specific tokens are won in tournaments at local game stores.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Reynolds
United States
mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
check out applied perspective. His look very similar and he can even do custom work. Great company to do biz with
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Crabtree
msg tools
I second the plug for Applied Perspectives. Great products and very fast response to inquiries and shipping. I highly recommend them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Katogamerguy wrote:
check out applied perspective. His look very similar and he can even do custom work.

But all of his tokens are hex shapes, not circles, and the shield tokens are nothing like the standard ones. Also, he never responded to my quote request for custom work.

I do really like the maneuver templates and range rulers I got from him though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat D
Canada
North Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that the best looking tokens are from Cog'O'Two:

http://www.cogotwo.com/war-gaming/tokens-premium-blue-detail

The ones shown on their website are painted with white paint, but they ship them unpainted with a "sticker" that allows for easy painting. If there is any paint bleed, you can easily scratch it off with your fingernail. The process is pretty easy but is time consuming. It took me a couple hours to paint and peel all the tokens.

They look amazing on a black background. Check out some pics of my them as they were shipped, painted and during a game:




 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davyd A
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
rokkon wrote:
crackbone wrote:
I was hoping I could find whoever did the tokens in these ebay auctions:

NOTE: I have no affiliation with this guy, not trying to sell anything.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

They look really awesome but I can't find anybody that has them for sale on a site.


I actually contacted the seller, earlier.

The name of the manufacturer is GemCat. They sell their tokens as a bundle on eBay. I really just wanted their shield tokens, but not being able to buy JUST the shield tokens has turned me away from them.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...


Have you tried contacting GemCat? I ask more to save myself the hassle than because I think you didn't think of it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.