Eldritch Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Jim Culver, combo passive? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonio Nessuno
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Jim Culver has spell "Wither", can use his passive for get 1 additional dice for resolve spell(i think of yes, he stay resolve a combat encounter), and after 1 additional dice for strength test?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This question was answered by the designers - the only tests Jim buffs are the tests that are made as part of the combat encounter printed on the monster's piece - specifically the Strength and Will checks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boian Spasov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
We are the knights who say...
badge
Ni!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to bother you, but can you dig up a link because I have the distinct impression that they answered that spells cast during the combat phase are affected?

I may be mistaken though, can't find the ruling with search and it is not in the FAQ.

edit: Only link I found is this, it doesn't support what you say, but there is no designer ruling in it: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1130040/jim-culver

Edit 2: I found the ruling and you right. Here it is for anyone interested: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1194923/couple-rules-questio...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andarel wrote:
This question was answered by the designers - the only tests Jim buffs are the tests that are made as part of the combat encounter printed on the monster's piece - specifically the Strength and Will checks.

Spot-on, although the part about Strength and Will only is outdated by now.

This makes Jim a very adaptable character and great at monster-hunting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was technically outdated due to Children of Yig and Doppelganger's observation tests in Forsaken Lore, but this new one will certainly come up more often.

As a side note, I believe the Forsaken Lore rulebook talks about the tests "replacing" the Will test, so it's still templated the same way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.