Subject: Will somebody please order a coffin so we can go home? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
W. Eric Martin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
From my Unity Games XI report:

To end the night, Alex Kalish, Jim Forsythe, Jenny Somethingorother, and I played Kapitan Wackelpudding, a game that's been haunting my singleton list since I first played it at UG X. In KW, you have a wooden ship on a board with six islands, five of which hold various objects that need to be shipped elsewhere. The sixth island has a deck of random event cards. On a turn, you load an item from the island where the boat is currently docked (or draw a card), then roll the die and move the boat to the new port -- unless you roll the island where the boat currently sits, in which case you simply add another good to the stack. If any goods fall off in transit, then you keep them in a pile of shame. The game ends when goods fall and fewer than four goods remain on the island.

In my first playing, I rolled the current island over and over again, essentially sitting out the game while others gained great shame. This time I didn't make those magic rolls, but I did manage to maneuver the ship from island to island with no losses for more than half the game. I even crossed the equator again and again with the goods merely listing instead of toppling. Finally, though, I took three bananas, pushing me past Alex, who had whittled down his pile of shame by shipping bonbons out of it to other islands and to Jim and Jenny's stacks.

The game dragged somewhat as the vampire coffins rotted on the dock, no shipping orders ever coming to us. As the turns went on, Alex and I traded the lead back and forth, while Jim and Jenny seemed ready to pelt us with boxed goods. Eventually the fourth-from-last coffin left Dracula Isle and Jim crashed the boat into an imaginary reef, letting me and Alex tie for the win. Very gentlemanly of you, Jim.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.