John Gorski
United States
Blairstown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to make sure I've got this right:

I'm playing US/ARVN vs non-player VC/NVA. The Scenario is the Full set-up.

First card up is Tribesmen and on deck is Economic Aid.

As the US going first, I've elected to execute the event. I've removed 2 VC and a VC base from Quang Tri (putting it under COIN Control &n raising the COIN + Patron to 36) and removed a VC from Binh Dinh. US is done.

VC non-player is next up & they decide to Terror. They can only do it in one space, Pleiku. I pay one resource, shift the support to passive oppose and place a Terror marker.

I believe I'm done. Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bertrand d
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VC non player would then Tax, in all 2 population provinces with active oppose, except Bin Dinh. It would get him 16 resources !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gorski
United States
Blairstown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

I forgot about the Tax

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Guttag
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John,

As Bertrand said, the Non-Player VC, after Rally Op, will do a Tax SA, unless the VC Resources are: above 9; or VC Resources are above 0 up to 9, and there are no VC Underground on LoCs or in Active Support spaces to Tax; or if 0 VC Resources, there are no spaces with Underground VC to Tax at Active Opposition) in which case, the VC will then do the Subvert SA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Lugbar wrote:
VC non player would then Tax, in all 2 population provinces with active oppose, except Bin Dinh. It would get him 16 resources !!

Only if the Terror leaves it with zero Resources, which it didn't in the situation the OP describes.

Regards, Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Right, now the battery charger is plugged in so I have more time to reply...

1. VCbot only selects Terror if it can do Terror in at least one Support space (i.e., a space with Passive or Active Support). At the start of the Full scenario Pleiku is Neutral, not Support, so VCbot will skip Terror entirely and instead do a Rally Op. (If it is able to do Terror in a Support space it will also take the opportunity to Terrorize all other spaces it could shift, but spaces at Neutral or Passive Opposition by themselves aren't enough to make VCbot do Terror.)

2. If VCbot has even 1 measly Resource left, the only spaces it will Tax are LoCs and Active Support spaces - i.e., those where the Tax will neither reduce Opposition nor increase Support. After the single-space Terror you made it play it had 4 Resources left and no Underground VC in Support spaces or on LoCs, so VCbot would Subvert rather than Tax.

OTOH, the Rally it should've done per the flowchart would probably have emptied its wallet to make it Tax even where that would reduce Opposition, giving it the 16 new Resources Lugbar mentioned (and also a somewhat stiff -8 VP penalty)!

Regards, Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.