BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Bandai Not Responding - Help? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alison Y
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Over the last two months I have tried multiple times to get a response from Bandai to replace two damaged cards from my new box of Star Trek: The Original Series Deck Building Game. To date I have had no response other than auto-emails claiming "We appreciate your taking time to contact us. You should expect to receive a response to your inquiry within 2-4 business days." I have tried both their site contact and their facebook page for the game with no luck.

Does anybody have a way to reach their customer service and replacement people?? I can't play the game and am now very frustrated with the lack of communication.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Y
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think they do but it's worth a shot...just posted. I'm game to try anything at this point.

In 8+ years of dealing with manufacturers and distributors for board games I have NEVER seen this kind of disregard for the customer. Even Queen games which doesn't respond to anything at least sends the stuff within 2-3 weeks so by the time you realize you haven't heard anything there's a packaging in the mail.

I really hope someone at Bandai steps up their game a little or this will be the one and only game of theirs I'll ever have...if I even bother to keep it in this condition. I may auction it off at the next Gottacon if I can't get the dinged cards fixed and buy something better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Y
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So twitter didn't work...in fact they don't even HAVE a twitter account. I've tried sending a support request to their parent-company Bandai Namco but...i'm not holding my breath on that one.

I don't think I will ever buy Bandai again at this point. Very Very disappointed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Frey
Thailand
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried taking the issue to the retailer you bought the game from instead? They may be able to get the replacement, and they might have others channels to the publisher to get things worked out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Y
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but I didn't have much luck. Unfortunately having worked in the board game industry for 8 and some odd years and dealt with many other retailers, distributors and manufacturers I can tell you it is a rare rare thing for a retailer to be able to assist with replacement parts like two dinged cards.

That's something only the manufacturer can provide and I've not met many stores that have dealings with manufacturers other than ones like Z-Man who sell their own games direct now rather than through a distributor. At this point I have tried everything I can think of short of going to their booth at GAMA in March and inquiring after a real-person contact but Vegas is a tad far away and rather expensive when I am not currently working for a game store that will send me there Maybe when I open a the new one I will go bug them! That was where I got to try the STBG TOS game in the first place! In fact that would be rather funny if that's how I manage to fix my game... full circle!

I wish the twitter idea was viable...that's easy enough...but there's no response and they don't have an account so we'll see...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.