Brian
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

Two quick questions:

1) During Phase 5, when drawing up to 6 cards, can you draw from the discard pile, or does it have to be from the draw pile?

Although I think it has to be from the draw pile, my hesitation comes from Phase 1, which describes drawing cards as "when you draw cards, you can take them from the top of either discard pile or the draw pile."

2) What happens if one of the discard piles is eliminated (people keep drawing from pile B but putting their discards into pile A)?

Do nothing or draw the top 5 cards from the draw pile and start a second discard pile again?

Thanks!

Rlolar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance VanGogh
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rlolar wrote:
Hello!

Two quick questions:

1) During Phase 5, when drawing up to 6 cards, can you draw from the discard pile, or does it have to be from the draw pile?

Although I think it has to be from the draw pile, my hesitation comes from Phase 1, which describes drawing cards as "when you draw cards, you can take them from the top of either discard pile or the draw pile."

2) What happens if one of the discard piles is eliminated (people keep drawing from pile B but putting their discards into pile A)?

Do nothing or draw the top 5 cards from the draw pile and start a second discard pile again?

Thanks!

Rlolar

Draw from the top of the deck in Phase 5.

If a discard is empty, which judging from my plays seems impossible I would just leave it empty until someone discards back into it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott "Tox" Morris
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NyQuil Driver wrote:
Rlolar wrote:
Hello!

Two quick questions:

Thanks!

Rlolar

Draw from the top of the deck in Phase 5.

If a discard is empty, which judging from my plays seems impossible I would just leave it empty until someone discards back into it.

If the discard is empty it's left empty until someone refills it. If it is empty as a result of reshuffling the deck, then you should reseed both discards with 5 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to you both for your quick replies!!

Rlolar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kalvin connor
United States
rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, 100% you have to draw from the top of the deck during phase 5? I wish the rules explicitly stated the difference in "drawing" cards in phase 5 vs 1 in said case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott "Tox" Morris
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sircaradoc wrote:
So, 100% you have to draw from the top of the deck during phase 5? I wish the rules explicitly stated the difference in "drawing" cards in phase 5 vs 1 in said case.

This is actually a great catch. We didn't say "from the top of the center deck" in phase 5 in the rulebook. I will let the dev team know and ensure its addressed in future print runs and in the FAQ they have coming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kalvin connor
United States
rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toxziq wrote:
sircaradoc wrote:

This is actually a great catch. We didn't say "from the top of the center deck" in phase 5 in the rulebook. I will let the dev team know and ensure its addressed in future print runs and in the FAQ they have coming.

Thanks Scott. I just wanted to make sure. I watched the game being played with the dice tower, so I knew thats what we should do. But everyone in my group said "No, the rules state draw. I dont see why there would be a difference in phase 5 than 1".

Great game either way. But thanks for clarification on that. btw, I was the apple king king last game I played! No one believed me when I kept putting apples in my bag. But the one time I lied, was the one freakin time I got caught. rofl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.