Daniel Shaharuddin
United States
California
flag msg tools
Is resistance is futile part of the collective events or a new series of events.

Well heres what I found to make it look like a new event.

For one thing all of the events in the collective series were never named resistance is futile, also all the battles were based on the borg wars against the federation.

However "resistance is futile" was most commonly used in the Voyager series with may suggest if whats after the collective events is the battles in the gamma quadrant.

I don't know but what do you guys think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shrike
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
What do you expect to find behind here, King Kong?
mbmbmbmbmb
We know it is another 3 month OP series just like The Collective. It will also have optional blind ship boosters also. We assume they will be a different set of five ships. The OP runs from October - December. I was able to set the dates on the WizKids Event system already in these dates.

I would expect in the next two weeks to see the blind ships announced, the prize ships and the mission names.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Shaharuddin
United States
California
flag msg tools
Also to add on it docent say anywhere resistance is futile on the website

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Shaharuddin
United States
California
flag msg tools
Ok thanks I figured there must of been another

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shrike
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
daniels072000 wrote:

It does on the WizKids Event System Website. www.wizkidseventsystem.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Shaharuddin
United States
California
flag msg tools
VarelseShrike wrote:
daniels072000 wrote:

It does on the WizKids Event System Website. www.wizkidseventsystem.com

I meant the wizkids website

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shrike
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It won't until the make the official links of the OP ships and such. It is how they have been doing it for quite some time. This was all announced back in April or so, right around the Tholian Web OP. We all expected another 6 month OP like the Dominion War but WizKids announced to split it into 2 3-month OPs. I believe it was on their Facebook page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Shaharuddin
United States
California
flag msg tools
I had just joined during the thollian web so I don't know much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shrike
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
daniels072000 wrote:
I had just joined during the thollian web so I don't know much

Its not a problem. We are all glad to help. There is a lot of information to get between a few different sources. As far as the OP outside of Resistance, we have not a clue. I am thinking it will be some more Episodic OPs like Tholian Web and Arena, only with Mirrow Universe or something.

Everything else about Resistance is Futile is all assumptions and nothing backed up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Lin
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard that Resistance is its own 3-month arc, but apparently has a grand prize that's awarded to players that is part of a 6-month arc a-la Dominion War that coincides with the Collective Arc, with the two of them being a two-part set.

Don't know if it's true, but the person who said it also claims they have the OP kits for Resistance already, as well as the Grand Prize already. They claim that it is a multi-component assembly large item (a-la DS9)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shrike
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeijiTataki wrote:
I've heard that Resistance is its own 3-month arc, but apparently has a grand prize that's awarded to players that is part of a 6-month arc a-la Dominion War that coincides with the Collective Arc, with the two of them being a two-part set.

Don't know if it's true, but the person who said it also claims they have the OP kits for Resistance already, as well as the Grand Prize already. They claim that it is a multi-component assembly large item (a-la DS9)

I INCREDIBLY doubt that these kits have even got to Alliance from WizKids yet, let alone anyone else. As far as a Month 3 OP for Resistance, it is all guess work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Shaharuddin
United States
California
flag msg tools
well i found they're already ready for the new events
https://www.facebook.com/events/713253205400043/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Lin
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VarelseShrike wrote:
I INCREDIBLY doubt that these kits have even got to Alliance from WizKids yet, let alone anyone else. As far as a Month 3 OP for Resistance, it is all guess work.

I found that really hard to believe, as well. But that's what the guy claimed and said; to be taken with a grain of salt et-all.

Could be he meant that he had gotten the solicits, which included pictures of what he was getting, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shrike
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
daniels072000 wrote:
well i found they're already ready for the new events
https://www.facebook.com/events/713253205400043/

That's just the page for a FLGS with their schedule for the events.

This is one page I found....

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/28761.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Chest
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SeijiTataki wrote:

The prevailing theory has been that the prize for Resistance is Futile will be an 8 inch Borg cube similar to the one available for retail purchase in November. If so, its supposed to come disassembled as six separate pieces, each of which is one of the faces of the cube. The pieces assemble to create the 8 inch cube, but otherwise stack flat.

I've not heard anything suggesting that this prize will have anything to do with the results of The Collective events. The grand prize has not been confirmed as far as I know and the prize ships and participation prizes have yet to be announced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hosp
msg tools
I just really don't want any more of these semi-cooperative "frenemy" scenarios. I didn't mind the ones that were in the Collective, but I'm tired of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shrike
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bhosp wrote:
I just really don't want any more of these semi-cooperative "frenemy" scenarios. I didn't mind the ones that were in the Collective, but I'm tired of them.

Agreed. It was a nice change, now it is time to go to a different type. I like to go ahead and switch things up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.