Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Brunskill
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the Mr. Universe cards are obvious about when you apply their effects, but some aren't--particularly the '+2 Misbehave cards' ones.

Do you have to run through +2 Misbehave cards each time you work the job? Or do you only do them once, when starting or ending the job?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C David Dent
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You draw two "additional" misbehave cards. I am not sure that there are any jobs that require you to draw misbehave cards on pickup AND dropoff. So whenever you draw misbehaves for the job you draw two extra.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There's currently one card with a Misbehave at both ends. I think it's a Smuggling Job for Badger. I'll be interested to see if that changes with BLUE SUN.

I agree with your assessment... but now I'm curious about how the "additional Misbehave" cards (in fact, this whole concept) interacts with the jobs from PBH...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Brunskill
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrDave2176 wrote:
You draw two "additional" misbehave cards. I am not sure that there are any jobs that require you to draw misbehave cards on pickup AND dropoff. So whenever you draw misbehaves for the job you draw two extra.

But what about jobs that don't require any misbehaving at all?

Or are all the additional misbehave cards only going to attach to jobs that include at least one misbehave?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Huh.

I was assuming it went on Illegal Jobs (which all have Misbehaves except for Piracy ones), but that's not the case.

Since the rules refer to "completing" the job by meeting the additional terms, I would say that it's an additional step once all other requirements of the job are met.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jin Kapagami
Norway
Trondheim
Sør-Trøndelag
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
gwek wrote:
Huh.

I was assuming it went on Illegal Jobs (which all have Misbehaves except for Piracy ones), but that's not the case.

Since the rules refer to "completing" the job by meeting the additional terms, I would say that it's an additional step once all other requirements of the job are met.

On that assessment, if a job requires only misbehave for pick-up and nothing on delivery you would add the two on the drop-off…

I read it the way that whenever a job require proceed on Misbehave cards, you would have to pass two extra.

Currently there are:
51 jobs (crime) with Target that requires Mibehaving;
18 jobs (transport and smuggling) that require misbaving at pick-up;
15 jobs (transport and smuggling) that require misbaving at drop-off;
1 job (smuggling) that require misbebaving at both pick-up and drop-off.

In the lattermost case I'd reckon you'd have to add misbehave cars for each time. I do not see this as a problem since you DO select if to attach it to the job or not.

I'm so looking forward to bring this out, even if at release at my LGS, to the group. Gonna bring more love to the 'verse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I initially agreed with your assessment, but that can't be it, because the sample card in the rule book that adds Misbehaves adds them to a LEGAL job, and Legal Jobs never require Misbehaves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Bonarek
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The example in the rulebook shows a Mr Universe card called "Hands Tied" which "prevents you from using your crew's Fight Skill Points to Skill Tests while working the attached Job." So for this card it affects you before you do a test. Another card, "Action on the side" states you take an additional 2 Misbehave Cards. So after you "Proceed" past any initial Misbehave cards from your original job, you must successfully Proceed past another two more cards before you can collect your money. You must successfully complete both the Job and the Challenge to receive your money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C David Dent
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MrU's jobs are marked "Legal" or "Illegal" and can only be attached to matching jobs. So a "Legal" challenge (MrU's jobs are called 'challenges') can only be attached to a legal job and vice-versa for Illegal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C David Dent
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
gwek wrote:
I initially agreed with your assessment, but that can't be it, because the sample card in the rule book that adds Misbehaves adds them to a LEGAL job, and Legal Jobs never require Misbehaves.

In that case it would be "before you get paid" because it would be in addition to the job as a whole.

I can't say I've encountered any of the MrU cards that were ambiguous on how they'd be played. Then again I can't say I've encountered all of them either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Stout Youngblood wrote:
Another card, "Action on the side" states you take an additional 2 Misbehave Cards. So after you "Proceed" past any initial Misbehave cards from your original job, you must successfully Proceed past another two more cards before you can collect your money.

Except there's nothing that states that. "+2 Misbehave"/"Draw 2 additional Misbehave Cards" may seem to imply that whenever you draw Misbehaves, you draw 2 more, but if we look at the official site, we see a similar card that must be linked to a Legal job. Since Legal jobs don't require Misbehaves, that would mean, taken literally, that you don't need to EVER draw those two extra cards to succeed.

The idea that you can "pick" when you want to draw the Misbehaves on a 2-part Legal Job also doesn't reall work, because nothing in the game works that way, and it would be awkward to track.

One possible conclusion would be that you must draw +2 Misbehave whenever that MIGHT be a possibility (so, for both parts of a delivery job, or once for a Crime/Task job)... but that ALSO seems like a flawed argument.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MrDave2176 wrote:
gwek wrote:

In that case it would be "before you get paid" because it would be in addition to the job as a whole.

I can't say I've encountered any of the MrU cards that were ambiguous on how they'd be played. Then again I can't say I've encountered all of them either.

So are you saying there are two different standards for additional Misbehaves?

1) If the Job offers Misbehaves (ie, is Illegal), and +2 Cards whenever you draw Misbehaves to beging with?

2) But if a Job doesn't have Misbehaves (ie, is Legal), draw +2 Misbehaves anyway when you complete the job?

To me, that's problematically ambiguous, and in certain circumstances it could create inconsistency in gameplay.

Consider (and this is an extreme example):

You attach a +2 Misbehave card to a Job that has a "Cover your tracks" option that leads to a Crew death.

In #1, the additional Misbehaves occur prior to Covering Your Tracks, so you have a full Crew for the Cover your tracks roll.

In #2, the Crew is killed and THEN you go on to the +2 Misbehaves, one man short.

The reverse could also be true if you draw A Sheriff's Justice and proceed while Killing a Crew.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C David Dent
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Usually it is phrased as so (and forgive me for mis-wording I do not have the deck with me):

"+2 Misbehaves are added to the job terms."

This means that in addition to the pickup and drop off you must also perform 2 misbehaves to get paid.

Others are phrased:
"+1 Misbehave or more when you misbehave on this job"
and they pay usually +$500-$1000 for each misbehave you proceed through.

Some add conditions:
"You may not use firearms on this job"

And I think (I can't remember accurately) some are cargo/contraband challenges:
"Add +N Contraband to the Drop off to earn +$N per contraband"

If there is a cleanup after the job then that is AFTER the terms of the job since those usually are just covering up whose involved and rarely result in warrants.

When I get home (and have access to the deck) I'll see if I can quantify this more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That would be great!

I'm looking at the site and the rulebook, either of which might not actually be accurate. They use identical phrasing and structure for the two +Misbehave examples, but one is Legal and the other is Illegal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C David Dent
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MR Universe has 25 Challenges:
3 are LEGAL and add 2-3 Misbehave cards as "Additional Terms" and pay $1500-$2000
>>> I'd say these are drawn before "Get paid"

2 are LEGAL and add 1 Misbehave "to attempt last step of attached job" and pay $1000
>>> This is pretty clear

6 are LEGAL and add an additional test "to attempt last step of attached job" (2 tech, 2 Neg. and 2 fight) with difficulty of 7-10 and pay $1000-$2000 or 2-4 cargo/contraband
>>> This is equally clear.

3 are ILLEGAL and say "Draw 2 additional Misbehave Cards" and they all pay "(1 cargo/1 contraband/$500) per Misbehave Card Proceeded Past"
>>> Since this says "additional terms" I'd say this is "before get paid"

4 are ILLEGAL and limit the number of crew who can perform the job and pay $1000-$2000.
>>> Very clear "No more than X crew may work this Job. Crew not working Job remain onboard ship."

6 are ILLEGAL and limit one skill type you can use on the job. Each pays $500 per misbehave card proceeded past.
>>> Pretty Clear here too. It is phrased "(SKILL) Prohibited: Do not add (SKILL) Points to Skill Tests for this Job."

1 is ILLEGAL and prohibits crew working job to carry gear and pays 1 free gear from any discard pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gale Force Nine LLC
United States
North East
Maryland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
In the forthcoming Blue Sun expansion, there are a number of Mr. Universe Big Damn Challenges that add Misbehave draws to the attached Job.

In the case of such Challenge card attached to a Legal Job, draw the Misbehave Card(s) when you use a Work Action to attempt the final step of the attached Job.

In the rare case of attaching “Action on the Side” or “Grand Theft Larceny” to the Breakin’ Atmo Badger Job “Data Jacking” (which requires Misbehave draws on both the Pick-Up and Drop-Off attempts) draw 2 additional Misbehave Cards during both the Pick-Up and the Drop-Off. Just make sure you have room in your Cargo Hold for all of the extra Cargo or Contraband you’ll be collecting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C David Dent
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gale Force Nine wrote:
In the forthcoming Blue Sun expansion, there are a number of Mr. Universe Big Damn Challenges that add Misbehave draws to the attached Job.

In the case of such Challenge card attached to a Legal Job, draw the Misbehave Card(s) when you use a Work Action to attempt the final step of the attached Job.

In the rare case of attaching “Action on the Side” or “Grand Theft Larceny” to the Breakin’ Atmo Badger Job “Data Jacking” (which requires Misbehave draws on both the Pick-Up and Drop-Off attempts) draw 2 additional Misbehave Cards during both the Pick-Up and the Drop-Off. Just make sure you have room in your Cargo Hold for all of the extra Cargo or Contraband you’ll be collecting!

Thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rogenski

Kennedale
Texas
msg tools
badge
When a Mr. Universe job card states the bonus is paid per Misbehave Card Proceeded Past, does that include all Misbehave Cards for working job, both to start and finish the job, or just a bonus for Misbehave Cards required to complete the job?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Illiniwek wrote:
When a Mr. Universe job card states the bonus is paid per Misbehave Card Proceeded Past, does that include all Misbehave Cards for working job, both to start and finish the job, or just a bonus for Misbehave Cards required to complete the job?

Since you have to attached the Mr. Universe task when you start the job, it would apply to all Misbehaves during the job (are there any jobs that require Misbehaves on both sides? I didn't think so, but I could be wrong).

You can't attach a Mr. Universe task to a job if you've already started it, so even if there are jobs like that, the question becomes moot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Hanson
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hist wrote:
Since you have to attached the Mr. Universe task when you start the job, it would apply to all Misbehaves during the job (are there any jobs that require Misbehaves on both sides? I didn't think so, but I could be wrong).

There are a few. Maybe 2-3 once you add in all of the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
By my count, there are indeed three - one Badger Job from Breakin' Atmo and two Mingo & Fanty Jobs. All three are Smuggling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gwek wrote:
By my count, there are indeed three - one Badger Job from Breakin' Atmo and two Mingo & Fanty Jobs. All three are Smuggling.

I figured there must be and that I just couldn't remember.

My answer still stands, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.