Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Barrett
United Kingdom
Hessle
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure other players out there have made better game add-ons/aids. I've seen (used) some of the re-designed board, fire-arcs etc. Anybody use anything else to enhance atmosphere etc.? This dice tower stops dice rolling off the table - and stops me 'sliding' them (cheating, in other words) when I need a good roll!

The tower came with another game I picked up with pieces missing at a charity shop (50p - $1-ish); re-labelled and re-themed.

And I use these little gems when conducting Group missions:

Here, my a/c is Red 5. I must get around to painting these sometime - not my forte, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ubi bene ibi patria // vidi perfutui veni
mbmbmbmbmb
very nice aids Alan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Where did you find the little B-17's?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Barrett
United Kingdom
Hessle
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jasta6 wrote:
Nice! Where did you find the little B-17's?

Hi, Jim. The B-17s are some 3d-printed models: I got 18 of them from Holland. Not too expensive, either. They're better in detail than shown here, really. - Al.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Barrett
United Kingdom
Hessle
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaming aids; latest aircraft - with my 'rough'n'ready' nose-art:

Once again, I come up with what I thought was my own invented aircraft name only to find there was actually one called this!.....

"It was December 3, 1943, and American warplanes were on assignment over Nazi Germany. Sergeant William Rasmussen was the ball turret gunner on the Hell's Belle, a B-17 heavy bomber. During one of its missions, the Belle was shot down and the captured American flyers were sent to the notorious German prison camp Stalag 17B. In Stalag the American prisoners of war had to deal with the harsh rules imposed by the German Commandant as well as deplorable living conditions: filth, bitter cold, starvation and disease. Told through the eyes of one young flyer, the book has non-stop action, emotion and humor, and captures the upbeat and undefeatable spirit of America's finest young men who served the United States during WWII. Randall L. Rasmussen, M.D., used his father's memoirs, "From a B-17 to Stalag 17B," as the basis for this book. Dr. Rasmussen also explored William Rasmussen's notes, the verbal history that he recorded at the local library, research material, and recollections of the narratives he heard his father tell so many times over the years. William Rasmussen was a popular guest speaker at press clubs, library clubs and service organizations in Michigan's lower peninsula near his home. His narratives were enjoyed immensely since he had a special gift of being able to captivate audiences as they shared his experiences flying over Nazi Germany and being a prisoner of war."

http://books.google.co.uk/books/about/Hell_s_Belle_from_a_B_...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Barrett
United Kingdom
Hessle
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I devised a quicker, simple version of my Group Mission rules - a 15-minute 18-plane mission, well-suited to determining the fate of missions my 'B-17: QotS' doesn't fly on. It's a 'quick fix' when I need to have a (very) quick game. For want of a better name, I called this version 'Flying Fortress'.

Add-ons 'morph' into complete (and boxed!) games in their own right, sometimes:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Barrett
United Kingdom
Hessle
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With QotS, I will get to award myself this counter.....one day!

It's a bit easier to get with 'Flying Fortress'!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.