Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Official ruling - HLC fired out Firespray rear arc ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Beal
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering where it actually says the HLC cannot be fired out of the rear arc of a firespray?

All I recall seeing are some wording to the effect that the rear arc of a firespray is a firing arc. I couldn't see anything in the FAQ

Sorry if this is old ground but I'd like to be 100% sure I can't fire the HLC out the rear arc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Clark
Scotland
Aberdeen
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have the rule book but you 'cannot' fire out of the rear ark with HLC. Check the rules for secondary weapons in the core rule book.

I think the reason its not in the FAQ is because its not a frequently asked question......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Beal
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK - I found it - front of FAQ Page 2
Gets its own specific paragraph

Pretty obvious really. Now I'm convinced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reuben Cronje
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think this would even need an FAQ - doesn't the Firespray's rules insert just straight up say that the rear arc can only be used for primary weapons?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg C
msg tools
It does but not everyone has a Firespray figure and the rules for it only come with the Firespray. So putting the rule in the FAQ allows people who don't have the Firespray or have lost the little rule insert to have them handy.

Plus the FAQ has a lot of rules that were spread across multiple expansions. Having everything in one place is a good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the rear firing arc on a firspray is called an auxiliary fire arc and only the primary weapon can shoot in that direction, its noted in the faq

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.