6 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
toriano toriano
msg tools
1- Forgotten Souls:

a-The parill card "Fire ball" you can give for an example 6 damages to the Wolf with 3 Hp or you must to spread all the damages? I Think the last is correct

b-"Room of souls" if you decide to sufer 2damage and 2fatigue,you must test strench by the suffering damage effect? or not?

c-"Deadly keneel" Is a fallen hero(represented by a hero token)in the room for +1doom efects?

2- Common questions:

a-"Light shield" it must to be exhausted in order to regain 1 damage?
b- Its posible for a villager token to share the same scuare with an objetive token?
c- "Protective tónic"(apothecary)There is a Stcking limit on how many hero tokens you can stack?
You mus to pay 1 fatigue in order to use the hero tokens stacked or this fatigue cost is only to stack the hero token in the card?

Great game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1a) The same question would exist for an almost downed hero. Could a hero with only 2HP left take all 6 damage and go down? Or can he take 2 damage, and the other 4 damage has to be suffered by the other heroes? I think it's the latter, the damage has to be suffered by someone. So in your example, the wolf can take 3 damage, then the other three needs to be spread out.

1b) Yes (just answered this elsethread). The STR test is if you suffer *any* damage you have to make the test. This would include the damage you can suffer to move the cauldron.

1c) I'm not sure what you're asking about here. "+1 doom effects?" What is this referring to?

Sometimes for general questions, it helps to refer to the expansion that item might come from. For example, "Shield of Light" comes from the Labyrinth of Ruin expansion. Makes it easier to find the card for the test.

2a) Yes. The "If you suffer no {damage} from this attack, recover 1 {health}" is the text, and not the "this attack". It's referring to the attack that you exhausted the card for.

2b) As long as both tokens don't block movement (and they usually don't), then yes, they can share spaces.

2c) Hm, I'm not entirely certain about a limit to Hero tokens. A lot of tokens are limited by the physical amounts in the game box, but no clue on this one, sorry.

HTH,

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't 1B "no" because you have two simultaneous triggers and the active player chooses the order? In this case, take the pain to dump out the souls, then that pain triggers to check to see if you are carrying the souls afterward, which obviously you are not.

The answer to this question should be no you do not have to do a might test if you take pain to dump out the cauldron of souls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right. For some reason I was misreading the text and thinking that you needed to suffer that damage/fatigue to move a space with the cauldron (instead of using an action). But rereading, that is not the case at all.

So, you can solve this in one turn:
- Assuming you are adjacent to the cauldron
- Suffer a fatigue for a movement point to pick up the cauldron
- Action 1 move 1 space towards the pit
- Action 2 move 1 space towards the pit
- Suffer 2 damage and 2 fatigue to throw it in the pit.

Since the souls are gone, there is no further risk of cracking the cauldron.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Zea
Australia
flag msg tools
Hello.
Maybe i misunserstood the first post, but Regarding fireball and the wolf, the rules say that peril cards do not apply to familiars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toriano toriano
msg tools
Thanks for the answers:
any one knows that one?
You mus to pay 1 fatigue in order to use the hero tokens stacked or this fatigue cost is only to stack the hero token in the card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.