Hide
3 Posts

Run, Fight, or Die!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Event Buildings Ahead - Solo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mr Gargy
msg tools
Can Buildings Ahead event be held and used in a solo play through? I know the rules state you can't use powers that allow you to discard and redraw location cards. This event doesn't seem to have you discarding an existing location, but damn it seems strong. Saved me in a play through as I was able to burn through almost half the locations. Town Line was one of the three cards I drew. So I played it and ended the game. I guess though you'd have to feel confident that your Survival Points goal will be achievable.

Either way love this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play that the card allows me to draw one location, assuming that I haven't already drawn a location that turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This card allows the player to manipulate Location deck, so it is not allowed to be played in the solo game as written. We like Matt's use and feel it is better than making the card unusable. Therefore, I believe that when we reprint we will add this statement for Solo Play Statement play at the bottom of the card:

Solo Play: You may discard this card if you are not at a location at the end of your turn to draw 1 Location.

Thanks,

Richard

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.