Cthulhu Wars» Forums » Rules

Subject: opener FAQ clarify rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
clarence
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Q. Do enemy Great Old Ones still cancel Beyond-One if the gate in question is not controlled by their Faction?
A. yes.

What does this mean?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cthulhu is in an area with a gate controlled by Crawling Chaos. It can't be the target of "Beyond One"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
The Beyond One reads:

Quote:
The Beyond One (Action: Cost 1):
Select a unit with a cost of +3 in an area with a Gate, but lacking an enemy Great Old One. Move the unit to any area on the map lacking a Gate. In doing so, he takes the Gate with him, plus any controlling unit

Probably the thinking is that if there's an uncontrolled Gate or a third faction's Gate in an area, but there is an enemy Great Old One in the same area from a different faction, that GOO shouldn't have any effect on whether you can move the Gate since it's not their Gate.

The ruling here though, is that it doesn't matter whether the Gate is controlled or not or from a different faction, anytime there's a GOO in the area, they block The Beyond One.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harms
msg tools
An enemy great old one prevents you from using Beyond One on a gate in its region regardless of which faction controls the gate.

For example, Cthulhu, an Abomination, and a Yellow Cultist on a gate are hanging out in Europe. Big Green means you cannot steal that yellow-controlled gate using Beyond One.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Stockseth
msg tools
Ask me about Gladiators: Days of Blood and Glory
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Astribulus wrote:
"Cthulhu, an Abomination, and a Yellow Cultist on a gate are hanging out in Europe."

The Abomination was fleeing from the police, driving all three of them down the street on the wrong side of the road, and Cthulhu was riding shotgun, asleep. The Abomination blows right past a "Dead End" sign into a cul-de-sac with no exit. The Cultist screams from the back seat:
"You moron! Did you see the Yellow Sign?!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Norton
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
The Kickstarters... they don't STOP!
badge
Have you Seen it?
mbmbmbmbmb
blackchance wrote:
Astribulus wrote:
"Cthulhu, an Abomination, and a Yellow Cultist on a gate are hanging out in Europe."

The Abomination was fleeing from the police, driving all three of them down the street on the wrong side of the road, and Cthulhu was riding shotgun, asleep. The Abomination blows right past a "Dead End" sign into a cul-de-sac with no exit. The Cultist screams from the back seat:
"You moron! Did you see the Yellow Sign?!"

Haha! Awesome Mythos humor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Stockseth
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, I couldn't help myself. It just sounded like the setup for a joke of some kind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
Finish this one:

A Shoggoth, a Ghoul, and a Nightguant walk into a bar...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Stockseth
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Challenge Accepted!
But beware, this is slightly NSFW.

A Shoggoth, a Ghoul, and a Nightgaunt walk into a bar, and immediately see a gorgeous blonde, sitting at a table having drinks with her two friends, one who is a hippee, and the other is a goth girl.

The Nightgaunt makes a bet with the other two that he will go home with the gorgeous blonde, and they will make off with the other two girls. Each of his friends takes that bet, insisting they will get the blonde.

The Nightgaunt and his 2 friends walk over to the table and introduce themselves to the women. The two other girls seem less than thrilled, but the lovely blonde is more than happy to invite the motley trio to sit with them, and the 6 of them get a booth with a table to sit at.

The Nightgaunt smiles and introduces himself and his 2 friends to the girls at the table. In turn, he whispers something into the ear of each of the three girls at the table, the blonde last. The hippie girl immediately locks eyes onto the Shoggoth with a smile, the goth girl gave a playful smirk to the Ghoul, and just as the Nightgaunt had finished whispering to the blonde, both she and the Nightgaunt suddenly disappeared in a puff of shadow.

Shocked but unfazed, the other four talked, and eventually went home with one another, paired up as described before.

The next day the Ghoul and the Shoggoth meet with the Nightgaunt for coffee.

"What the hell happened last night?" The Ghoul asked.
"I take it that the two of you hooked up with those girls last night?" The Nightgaunt asked.
"Yeah," the Shoggoth replied. "What did you whisper to them?"

The Nightgaunt smiled and said, "Well, I told the hippie that my friend the Shoggoth could show her a whole new meaning to 'oneness' and that as some things are greater than the sum of their parts, coupling with him would be better than any sex she'd ever had."
The Shoggoth rubbed what they assumed was his belly. "Very true," he said.
The Nightgaunt continued, "I told the goth girl that my pal, the Ghoul, also had particular tastes, and that he normally only ate the dead, but that a corpse-like girl such as herself would be the first to be able to enjoy every minute of it."
The Ghoul licked his lips "Right up until the end," he cackled. "But, what happened with the blonde?"

"Oh, that part was easy," he replied. "I knew I couldn't abduct her unless she initiated combat first. So while you four were distracted, I whispered to her that she was the fattest, ugliest bitch I'd ever seen. And, naturally, she tried to slap me."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
blackchance wrote:
Challenge Accepted!
But beware, this is slightly NSFW.

A Shoggoth, a Ghoul, and a Nightgaunt walk into a bar, and immediately see a gorgeous blonde, sitting at a table having drinks with her two friends, one who is a hippee, and the other is a goth girl.

The Nightgaunt makes a bet with the other two that he will go home with the gorgeous blonde, and they will make off with the other two girls. Each of his friends takes that bet, insisting they will get the blonde.

The Nightgaunt and his 2 friends walk over to the table and introduce themselves to the women. The two other girls seem less than thrilled, but the lovely blonde is more than happy to invite the motley trio to sit with them, and the 6 of them get a booth with a table to sit at.

The Nightgaunt smiles and introduces himself and his 2 friends to the girls at the table. In turn, he whispers something into the ear of each of the three girls at the table, the blonde last. The hippie girl immediately locks eyes onto the Shoggoth with a smile, the goth girl gave a playful smirk to the Ghoul, and just as the Nightgaunt had finished whispering to the blonde, both she and the Nightgaunt suddenly disappeared in a puff of shadow.

Shocked but unfazed, the other four talked, and eventually went home with one another, paired up as described before.

The next day the Ghoul and the Shoggoth meet with the Nightgaunt for coffee.

"What the hell happened last night?" The Ghoul asked.
"I take it that the two of you hooked up with those girls last night?" The Nightgaunt asked.
"Yeah," the Shoggoth replied. "What did you whisper to them?"

The Nightgaunt smiled and said, "Well, I told the hippie that my friend the Shoggoth could show her a whole new meaning to 'oneness' and that as some things are greater than the sum of their parts, coupling with him would be better than any sex she'd ever had."
The Shoggoth rubbed what they assumed was his belly. "Very true," he said.
The Nightgaunt continued, "I told the goth girl that my pal, the Ghoul, also had particular tastes, and that he normally only ate the dead, but that a corpse-like girl such as herself would be the first to be able to enjoy every minute of it."
The Ghoul licked his lips "Right up until the end," he cackled. "But, what happened with the blonde?"

"Oh, that part was easy," he replied. "I knew I couldn't abduct her unless she initiated combat first. So while you four were distracted, I whispered to her that she was the fattest, ugliest bitch I'd ever seen. And, naturally, she tried to slap me."

hahahahashahahahahahahahahahaha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.