Michael Juneau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Despite having 2x core sets and all expansions up to The Spaces Between, I often find myself have at least 2, if not 3 decks per factions prepared as much as possible in advance. As you can imagine, some cards are in high demand and I can't furnish every deck with them. This forces deck modification between games and it's a little fiddly to track around, sometimes.

I'd like a phone app that would interpret the list (in a simple text format, which most online deck builders can output to) of the "active deck" and tell you exactly which cards, in which quantity you need to transfer from that deck to the new one you want to use. In other words, it would know the state of every deck and know from which sources to pull from to complete that deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mu0n wrote:
Despite having 2x core sets and all expansions up to The Spaces Between, I often find myself have at least 2, if not 3 decks per factions prepared as much as possible in advance. As you can imagine, some cards are in high demand and I can't furnish every deck with them. This forces deck modification between games and it's a little fiddly to track around, sometimes.

I'd like a phone app that would interpret the list (in a simple text format, which most online deck builders can output to) of the "active deck" and tell you exactly which cards, in which quantity you need to transfer from that deck to the new one you want to use. In other words, it would know the state of every deck and know from which sources to pull from to complete that deck.

If you have an iPad, Net Deck will roll out a feature that does this very soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Juneau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh, sounds perfect, but I don't. I have a nexus 5 phone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been dreaming for this feature for some time. I'd love to be able to tell it that I have 4 core sets, 3 Opening Moves, 1 Spaces Between, and 2 of everything else flag decks as "built" and then filter other decks in my collection as "buildable".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Juneau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a generic text file interpreter would be able to do this easily. It doesn't need to know what cards are in the game, or which expansions are out; it only needs to know what text strings need to be in a deck, and how many copies of it. Then, also know the current state of copies "right now" and offer a filtered output on what changes to make based on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Modt
msg tools
mb
I have at least one faction deck built at the same time. I use the good old paper. I write the commom card in little pieces of paper, i.e. 3xSure Gamble, and leave them in the plastic bag with the deck that does not have it. Then, when i need to switch my deck, i take the sure gamblem out from the deck bag that has it and put the paper on it.
Arcaic, but effective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caught in a mechanism
Brazil
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mu0n wrote:
Ahhh, sounds perfect, but I don't. I have a nexus 5 phone.

Man, Net Deck is so great it justifies buying an iPad if you play ANR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FirstName LastName
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't mind something super jankety, you're free to use http://pastebin.com/y2jB38He . It minimizes the total number of cards you need to walk around with, which is different than minimizing the number of swaps required to build decks or maximizing the number of decks built simultaneously.

It only understands the http://netrunner.meteor.com/ export as BBCode format, but you could do any format by adjusting the regexes in ProcessDeck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Juneau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'm gonna whip out something in C# first, then transfer to PHP when the code works.

looks like a fun programming little challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another (not perfect) solution is to use Little Chiba (http://littlechiba.com/). Put the two decklists in and then use the "Diff Deck" function. This tells you what you need to add/subtract from the one deck to get the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casper jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Print proxies? Has worked since... forever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Bertolini
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mu0n wrote:

4im not sure if I understand your request correctly, but you can also do a deck diff in netrunnerdb. Select your "active deck" and your "new deck", click "With selection > Compare two or more decks", and you'll see which cards are common to the two decks, that is which cards must be moved from the active to the new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
Alsciende wrote:

4im not sure if I understand your request correctly, but you can also do a deck diff in netrunnerdb. Select your "active deck" and your "new deck", click "With selection > Compare two or more decks", and you'll see which cards are common to the two decks, that is which cards must be moved from the active to the new.

I can't speak for 4im's original request - but what I'd love would be:

1. Collection manager - tell the system which cards i have (e.g. 4 core sets, 2 copies of H&P). Added bonus the ability to enter promos and draft remnant singletons, but that's not strictly required.

2. Ability to flag one or more decks as "constructed"

3. When looking at another deck, indicate whether or not it is "constructable" given items 1 and 2, and if not - provide a list of the differences.

When you're in 1 main deck mode and a single playset of cards, that's pretty easy, but as your collection grows out of control, a more robust solution is desired.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain_Frisk wrote:

Stuff

Oh - and I'm sure this would be great for people on the other end of the spectrum as well... who don't have all of the cards yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Juneau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alsciende wrote:

That's perfectly fine if you plan on using 2 decks only, or be willing to cancel the last modification but it lacks something when you want to use 3 decks or more. Here's an example:

NBN: 2 Scorched Earth
Weyland: 3 SE
jinteki: 2 SE

having 2 cores, I own 4 scorched Earth. Let's say I start playing with NBN so it does have 2 SE and let's say the 3rd and 4th one are in Jinteki.

2nd game, I want to play Weyland, so I have to know to take out 2 SE from NBN to Weyland (emptying it) and 1 SE from jinteki to Weyland (leaving 1). The states of each deck have changed due to this multiple transfer. If I do other transfers later, they will require card swaps that aren't always the same - it's dependent on the path I've chosen, in which order I played my decks. Imagine what happens when Sure Gamble, Jackson Howard, etc are shared, but not in the exact same way? This is a lot of tracking to do that I wish a computer would do.

The old fashion way of knowing what's happening with the swaps is to verify a whole bunch of cards and that's painful. What I want is a system that stores both the "intended card counts" (exported from deck builders) but also the actual physical card count that they each have. I don't want to plan all my games in advance in terms of order, I want the system to manage this for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Bertolini
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain_Frisk wrote:
Alsciende wrote:

I can't speak for 4im's original request - but what I'd love would be:

1. Collection manager - tell the system which cards i have (e.g. 4 core sets, 2 copies of H&P). Added bonus the ability to enter promos and draft remnant singletons, but that's not strictly required.

2. Ability to flag one or more decks as "constructed"

3. When looking at another deck, indicate whether or not it is "constructable" given items 1 and 2, and if not - provide a list of the differences.

When you're in 1 main deck mode and a single playset of cards, that's pretty easy, but as your collection grows out of control, a more robust solution is desired.

Ok

1. Create a deck with a draft identity and put in it every copy of card that you own (you can add up to 9 copies of each card) (no way to automatize this, but shift-clicking on the sets and displaying in 1-column will help you). Save it with the tag "collection".

2. Tag your constructed decks with the tag "constructed".

3. In the deck list screen (side column), shift-click the tags "collection" and "constructed".

4. shift-click all visible decks.

5. click "With Selection > Compare one deck vs the others".

6. ???

7. profit

The output will be verbose, but you'll see in order : the cards that are used in your decks, the cards that are not used in your decks, the cards that are needed in your decks but are not available in your collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Bertolini
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mu0n wrote:

NBN: 2 Scorched Earth
Weyland: 3 SE
jinteki: 2 SE

having 2 cores, I own 4 scorched Earth. Let's say I start playing with NBN so it does have 2 SE and let's say the 3rd and 4th one are in Jinteki.

2nd game, I want to play Weyland, so I have to know to take out 2 SE from NBN to Weyland (emptying it) and 1 SE from jinteki to Weyland (leaving 1). The states of each deck have changed due to this multiple transfer. If I do other transfers later, they will require card swaps that aren't always the same - it's dependent on the path I've chosen, in which order I played my decks. Imagine what happens when Sure Gamble, Jackson Howard, etc are shared, but not in the exact same way? This is a lot of tracking to do that I wish a computer would do.

The old fashion way of knowing what's happening with the swaps is to verify a whole bunch of cards and that's painful. What I want is a system that stores both the "intended card counts" (exported from deck builders) but also the actual physical card count that they each have. I don't want to plan all my games in advance in terms of order, I want the system to manage this for me.

I understand. Sadly, I can't help you re: Netrunnerdb. That kind of stuff is too difficult to manage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Vaduva
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jakodrako wrote:
If you have an iPad, Net Deck will roll out a feature that does this very soon.

Great! I already use Net Deck to do this the manual way, since it works offline and some FLGS in my area don't have reliable WiFi.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.