Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI for anyone still looking for a tablet...Dell has their new Venue 8 (16GB model) for $150 when you use coupon code 4CXTCGSX1XKJBB. These are the tablets that HBS used at gencon so you know they're supported!

I have no idea how long the offer is good for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hendershott
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
That table is 129.99 on amazon

Linky:
http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Venue-16-Tablet-Android/dp/B00FFV...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron M.
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
acseric wrote:

The old model with Android 4.2 is, yes. Which in theory will work, but as Hair10 will attest, it isn't necessarily the easiest thing to get Dell to push the OS update to make it compatible with Golem Arcana

EDIT: Well, I think it's Android 4.2, hard to tell since the listing says 4.2 in one place and 4.1 in another...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.C. Hutchins
United States
Highlands Ranch
Colorado
flag msg tools
Yep. I spotted that Amazon product too and considered it, but realized the model Hair10 linked to was newer, faster, had a better screen and newer OS, etc. Thanks to that coupon, I sprung for it.

When it arrives, I'll keep folks here posted on its performance / stability while playing GA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
acseric wrote:

Yep, that older tablet will ship with Android 4.2.2. I know, because I bought that one. Dell will push down the update for 4.4, but it took a couple of weeks for them to do so on mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw the Toshiba Excite Go in the Best Buy ad today... on sale for $99 this week. According to Toshiba's website, it has Android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4. So it *should* work with GA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.