Popular Tags: [View All]
D Conklin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a small suggestion to those who play Spartacus with a regular group...

Taking a hint from our other favorite Ameritrash game Risk Legacy, we've started writing on the back of the house boards after every game:

Date
Player Name
Starting Influence
Final Influence
Win/Loss

This provides us plenty of pre-game trash talk opportunities and potentially a way to balance things for future games (ie, we pick houses in reverse order of most wins, etc).

You probably could take it even further recording alliances and or champion gladiator names, depending on how much baggage you want to bring into the next game.

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like fun! We will implement something similar!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Sequeira
msg tools
mbmbmb
i remember thinking about this before and finding (only) one problem with it

the game obviously goes in a "lets bring the guy with the most influence down", and i think that's great, but i like every game to start "fresh". with a scoring like that i'm afraid some/most players (including me) would start the game with a bias to control/bring down the guy that has a better ranking in the last couple of games DD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.