Star Wars: Epic Duels» Forums » General

Subject: Custom Foam Core insert for Epic Duels rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Schaubert
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I've been meaning to post this for a while. This is my first attempt at a foam core insert. As many of you know this game desperately needed a better storage solution. I've now done several other inserts for different games, most recently elder sign and king of tokyo. I'll be posting separately in their respective forums if you care to see them.

Just a quick pic of the well loved and well played game. I'm sure some of your copies look the same.

Box lid removed, shows the regular maps fit snugly on top, helping to keep contents secure below.

Maps removed reveal dividers for each deck as well as storage for character cards, damage tokens, and minis.

Removable top tray with finger holes hidden under outer most middle decks reveals lower section. This holds rules, turn cards, a larger quad fold board borrowed from a SW minatures game. Alternatively, this space can be used for several homebrew decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konrad Harla
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Dude! That's awesome. I would totally pay for you to make one for us and ship it! Or do you have a tutorial on how to make one of these? Cheers!

Konradharla@outlook.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Schaubert
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
harlaman wrote:
Dude! That's awesome. I would totally pay for you to make one for us and ship it! Or do you have a tutorial on how to make one of these? Cheers!

Konradharla@outlook.com

Hello Konrad,

I appreciate your feedback. I'm glad you like it. I do make and sell these inserts for epic duels and other games. Unfortunately, I don't have a tutorial on the exact measurements or process I use. I will point you in the direction of the esoteric order of gamers (link below). There are some amazing finished foam core projects, plans, and great how-to videos on working with foam core yourself.

I encourage you to give it a try, it's fairly simple and fun to make it with your own input. If you need any other pointers please let me know. If you decide you'd rather order a finished insert please send me a PM and we can discuss specifics in mind for your particular game. You may have custom minis, additional decks, etc.

Currently, I've been a little behind on orders, as my wife and I are planning for our first baby. One gentleman's order is about 2 months behind schedule at this point. If I get his knocked out soon and two more orders I have waiting I'd say I could have an insert sent your way by February. Unfortunately, this is only a side gig when I have time.

http://www.orderofgamers.com/category/foamcore-plans/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Endicott
United States
Diablo
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Derek,
They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so you should be very flattered.
I picked Duels up in a thrift shop for $3, not sure what I was getting. I'd never hear of the game and thought I'd take a chance. It was complete and in great shape. I did a little research, and was very pleased to find out what it was really worth.
I sleeved all the cards, but as you know, the inserts are horrible. So, I went looking for a better design on BBG and found your insert. Great design and build. Thanks very much for sharing. BTW, my second attempt at a foam core insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Schaubert
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That turned out great! Thanks for the recognition, but you did the work. All your cuts and fitting looks great. I'm glad to know that the design worked with sleeves. You got a major bargain for $3 on this awesome game. I hope you enjoy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Gold
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Wow, the way shown in the video is so much easier than the way I have been doing them, with interlocking tabs between the pieces...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.